We are a charity helping thousands of at-risk teens in NYC, and are seeking an intern Creative Media Manager to help us get the stories of our youth told to the world.
100% remote/telecommute unpaid internship-role; strong preference to candidates who are passionate about TV/film/media production and who have a goal of building a portfolio of produced/published content.
We have amassed hundreds of hours of raw video footage (several terabytes of 4K video) that is powerful/moving and needs to be utilized. Your role would be to get all the footage edited, published and circulated on social media, and potentially to get some of it syndicated on mainstream TV and reviewed by popular YouTubers too.
The Role Involves:
– Review the footage and prepare instructions for each video editing project
– Search and identify video editors that meet the criteria needed for our projects, and hire them
– Get the footage and instructions to the editor and ensure that they understand the project expectations correctly.
– Once the editor has begun, repeat the above steps using new footage and additional editors, so multiple projects are getting produced simultaneously by different editors.
– Monitor progress to ensure that all the editors are meeting their proposed timeframes, and that the work is getting produced rapidly, and the results are of professional-quality and engaging to the watchers.
– Review video work as it is edited, identify quality-issues and changes needed and manage the iterative process until the project is edited satisfactorily. Verify that the editor has retained the original 4K video quality and has used music that won’t cause any copyright issues (editors are encouraged to make use of our paid-subscription to unlimited royalty-free audio tracks.)
– Create media creatives (thumbnail/teaser-images) for the final video as well as text-based titles/descriptions that are compelling (in well-written English) and attract viewers to click and watch.
– Publish the content to our various social media platforms (during the editing phases you will need to be mindful of the final platforms, as each requires a different format of content.)
– Attempt to get the media syndicated to mainstream TV and/or republished/reviewed/reacted-to by YouTubers with large followings.
– MUST be a creative person with either a strong sense of design and some experience in video/media-production
– Strong command of written-English – your writing should be meticulous, if your English has grammatical mistakes or typos then this is not the role for you
– Good creative judgement on how a properly edited video should be produced in order for it to be engaging and interesting to viewers
Enhance and employ your video editing and social marketing skills
Work under the guidance of experienced professional in the field
Practice and apply independent creative decisions in meeting the goals
Measure success of the creative process against real metrics online
Employ strategic steps in social media marketing
For consideration, send your LinkedIn/resume, portfolio if you have one, and links to videos/social-media that you have created – it is totally okay if your social media is casual/jovial, we want to see your creative abilities.