Internship with Opportunity to Better the World!
Come work as an intern at Techie Youth, a non-profit charity of NYC that helps older kids in foster care, homeless teenagers and other at-risk youth.
Our program trains youth-participants to become financially independent, teaching them skills to earn income by utilizing computer-technologies, focused on income opportunities that can be performed remotely, from anywhere that they are.
If interested please reply to this email with with your resume and cover letter and interview availability to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In-person internship: TEACHER’S AIDE
- Duties of your role as Teacher’s Aide include:
– Helping/guiding students in the Techie Youth classroom as needed (under the guidance of our experienced training-staff)
– being an additional set-of-eyes in the classroom to ensure that ALL students remain engaged throughout the class time
– answering student questions
– Intense hands-on experience working in a very-large classroom of underprivileged youth, over a short 6-week summer semester.
– Performing a huge LIFE-SAVING good deed for the kids in our program
– As a respected 501(c)3 registered charity of NYC, we will accommodate all (legitimately-earned) requests for you to gain school credit, letters of recommendation, positive employment referrals, etc.
– You will likely learn new skills too, as our curriculum is highly-accelerated to provide full A-to-Z remote-career training in a short timeframe.
– Upon completion of the internship, you will have the option to be strongly-considered for future paid opportunities at Techie Youth
– Option to learn the program curriculum, which will teach you many ways to earn remote income and provide you with an opportunity to earn a certificate of completion from Techie Youth.
This role requires commitment to attend our full NYC-based 6-week-semester running 25-hours/week, Mon-Fri during July-August. You will need to commit to consistent daily-attendance during one of the two available shifts, 8am-1pm or 1pm to 6pm.
REQUIRED: Must have a basic understanding of using computers hands-on; you can be self-taught, a comp-sci major or just someone with a passion/knack for tech.
REQUIRED: coherent verbal demeanor AND good patience to guide older-teens.
REQUIRED: dedication and commitment to this role – our team is very passionate about this initiative and we want to ensure all other participants are as well.
A HUGE PLUS (but not required) if you can do basic system management and maintenance on the laptops used in the classroom.
This teacher’s aide role is in our beautiful glass-walled Techie Youth classroom, conveniently located in Long Island City a block from Queens Blvd, right near the Queens Plaza & Queensboro Plaza subway stations, Queensboro Bridge and the last exit of the LIE.