Come work as an intern at Techie Youth, a non-profit charity of NYC that helps older kids in foster care, homeless teenagers and other at-risk youth.
Our program trains youth-participants to become financially independent, teaching them skills to earn income by utilizing computer-technologies, focused on income opportunities that can be performed remotely, from anywhere that they are.
If interested please reply to this email with your resume and interview availability to: email@example.com
Remote internship: STUDENT COACH
- Duties of your role as Student Coach include:
– Help guide students in the Techie Youth e-learning program as needed via chat and other remote communication tools (under the guidance of our experienced training-staff)
– Ensure that each students’ inquiries are responded to in real-time, and questions get answered satisfactorily.
– When not corresponding with students, your time will be spent reviewing and studying the curriculum tracks within our program so that you continually get more knowledgeable on the topics being taught, and become better equipped to answer questions.
– Intense hands-on experience working remotely with all types of youth from challenging life-situations, over a short 6-week summer semester.
– As a respected 501(c)3 registered charity of NYC, we will accommodate all (legitimately-earned) requests for you to gain school credit, letters of recommendation, positive employment referrals, etc.
– You will learn new income-earning skills too, as our curriculum is highly-accelerated to provide full A-to-Z remote-career training in a short timeframe, leading to the opportunity to earn a certificate of completion from Techie Youth.
– Upon completion of the internship, you will have the option to be strongly-considered for future paid opportunities at Techie Youth.
This role requires commitment to attend-remotely every day for the length of the 6-week-semester during July-August. You may select from various shifts based on availability; each shift-schedule adds up to 25-hours per week.
REQUIRED: Must have a basic understanding of using computers hands-on; you can be self-taught, a comp-sci major or just someone with a passion/knack for tech.
REQUIRED: good patience for guiding older-teens.