Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
Tetra Tech ES, Inc. based out of Arlington, VA is recruiting for a Cost and Pricing Associate on our BD Team. The role will support all aspects of cost proposal activities, to include: coordinating with the proposal manager and bid team, preparing budgets and cost proposal narratives, developing commercial documentation, coordinating with teaming partners, supporting negotiations, and other various cost and pricing duties as required.
- Develop cost and pricing proposals, including detailed budgets and cost narratives, for various clients such as USAID, MCC, development banks and other international organizations.
- Review solicitations carefully, identify risks and draft questions for clarification.
- Prepare cost proposal submissions while considering solicitation requirements, technical approach, profitability targets and Tetra Tech’s indirect rates.
- Prepare the subcontractor cost package per solicitation requirements, including subcontractor instructions, budget template, cost narrative template, evidence of rates, representations and certifications, etc.
- Conduct cost proposal negotiations with partners and subcontractors, including participating in teaming discussions, reviewing and providing feedback on partner budgets and other cost submissions, and ensuring bid compliance.
- Collaborate with proposal managers to develop proposal budgets while working in collaboration with the home office business services teams (e.g., HR, Finance, Contracts, Operations).
- Collaborate with the proposal recruiter on the staffing plan, allowances, biodata verification process, and salary negotiations to ensure competitive market rates and proper inclusion in cost proposal.
- Support the proposal manager and BD coordinator with conducting intermediate and final proposal review meetings (lime, green, executive review), including sharing files prior to meeting, requesting constructive feedback, proactively collecting input and recommendations, making modifications as needed, and improving the overall cost proposal submission.
- Ensure that the firm’s policies, procedures, and authority matrix are followed, and appropriate approvals are documented during the cost proposal preparation process.
- Finalize formatting of cost proposal files to ensure compliance with the solicitation.
- Respond to cost and pricing questions that may arise from the client during negotiations.
- Following contract award, transition cost and pricing details to the implementation team, including the project management and home office business services teams.
- Participate in weekly BD meetings to review strategic bid decisions and capture planning efforts.
- Support proposal capture efforts by gathering cost information and conducting preliminary cost negotiations with subcontractors.
- Provide training to staff on cost and pricing related issues.
- Actively collaborate with the BD Team and provide support in other areas as needed.
- Collaborate with other Tetra Tech business units on new business opportunities and on company-wide cost and pricing improvements and initiatives.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Essential KSA’s required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with a bachelor’s degree in related field.
- Prior experience working with pricing cost reimbursable, time-and-materials and fixed-priced proposals.
- Precise attention to detail.
- Diplomatic skills for negotiations and internal discussions required.
- Ability to operate effectively in a high-volume, fast-paced, and deadline-driven environment.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel and Word; proficient in PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Valued but not required KSA’s:
- Master’s degree in a related field.
- Prior experience preparing USAID cost reimbursable type cost proposals.
- Knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR).
- Knowledge of Cost Accounting Standards.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
For more information on our company, please visit our website at www.tetratech.com. To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter on the Careers portion of our website at www.tetratech.com/careers.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies