Are you ready to take the next step in your career? Do you want to do meaningful work that improves quality of life? At Tetra Tech, you will work with high-performing teams who are passionate about using their expertise to find solutions to complex problems in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development.
We are currently looking for a Geotechnical Engineer to join our growing team! We are primarily looking in the Southeast/Mid-Atlantic/Mid-West regions.
• Responsible for the analysis, design and engineering of assigned engineering work activities.
• Responsible for in-field coordination of construction teams with home office engineering support.
• Assist senior staff in general and specific civil engineering related work activities.
• Prepare plans for field investigations and site walk-downs and direct and supervise their implementation.
• Perform calculations and prepare calculation packages.
• Participate in the conceptual design and layout of projects by assisting senior staff.
• Geotechnical engineering analyses such as slope stability, settlement, bearing capacity, seismic, and seepage.
• Remain current with codes and standards applicable to civil engineering and company policies.
• Perform various other tasks as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a focus in Civil or Geotechnical Engineering.
• 3-10 years of applicable experience in construction and heavy earthwork.
• A professional registration (PMP, PE, etc.) is strongly desired.
• Experience with modeling/design tools such as AUTOCAD, Slope/W, FLAC, and ARCGIS.
• Knowledge of and experience in Coal Combustion Residual Pond Closures per the WINN Act of 2015.
• Good communication skills are a must.
• Able to be in the field for extended periods of time in different terrain.
• Valid U.S. driver’s license and a satisfactory driving record for business travel.
About Tetra Tech:
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of high-end consulting and engineering services for projects worldwide. We combine the resources of a global, multibillion-dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in more than 400 locations around the world. We are Leading with Science® to provide sustainable and resilient solutions for our clients.
At Tetra Tech, we provide a collaborative environment that supports individual performance, innovation, and creativity. We are proud to offer competitive compensation and benefits. Learn more by visiting http://www.tetratech.com/en/benefits.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Tetra Tech is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities.
Tetra Tech is a VEVRAA federal contractor and we request priority referral of veterans for available positions.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability – No calls or agencies