At AES, we raise the quality of life around the world by changing the way energy works. Everyone makes an impact every day in our small, global teams.
Improving lives by accelerating a safer and greener energy future.
Our Core Values
- Safety First – Safety is at the core of everything we do. We always identify potential risks to our people, contractors, customers, partners and communities, and measure success by how safely we conduct our work together while contributing to a greener energy future.
- Highest Standards – We act with utmost integrity towards our people, contractors, customers, partners and communities, and hold the solutions we deliver together to global standards of excellence.
- All Together – We work as one team across our business and with our people, contractors, customers, partners and communities. We meet changing customer needs with agility and have fun solving meaningful challenges as a team
We strive to be the best in all that we do and to perform at world-class levels. As part of the Finance group, the Global Insurance Risk Engineering Department works in partnership with AES Businesses being a resource to identify loss exposures and assist in the development and implementation of the most cost-effective measures to conserve AES’s property.
An effective risk engineering program places a strong emphasis on the human side of property protection and recognizes that human element failure is the primary factor in most large losses. Physical protection alone will not prevent or reduce losses.
Defense in Depth – This Risk Engineering philosophy is employed to achieve a high degree of protection and safety. The objective of the concept is to mitigate risk via:
- Fire Protection – To establish requirements for comprehensive fire protection programs for AES businesses and emergency response organizations to:
- Minimize the likelihood of occurrence of a fire-related event
- Minimize the consequence of a fire-related event affecting the public, workers, environment, property and mission; and
- Provide a level of safety protection consistent with the “highly protected risk” class of industrial risks.
- Boiler & Machinery – Strategy where multiple layers of defense are utilized to reduce or eliminate losses
- Proper selection of equipment
- Predictive and condition-based maintenance and monitoring of equipment
- Business Continuity Planning (Contingency Planning)
- Following Risk Engineering Guidelines, Best Practices and Standards
- Assist with the managing property risk at AES Businesses including:
- Evaluation, prioritization, and tracking of engineering recommendations
- Participating in engineering meetings with the insurance markets, AES Businesses and vendors when possible
- Assisting in review and distribution of Risk Engineering Reports
- Assist in the development of a Risk Engineering Library
- Assist in managing engineering requests from development and construction teams
- Assist in tracking and maintaining current status of all ongoing projects (conceptual thru final construction) per AES Fire Protection Program and AES Global Design Criteria
- Compile risk data on the AES Businesses through Risk Engineering Data base
- Assist in management of Transformer Oil Analysis Program
- Analyze Risk Engineering data and assist in the production of risk and upper level management reports
- Assist with the refinement of Risk Engineering Data Base that houses risk data.
- Assist in identification and quantification of risk factors that affect renewable energy and energy storage facilities
- Pursuing a BS with a concentration in Mechanical, Electrical, or Fire Protection Engineering
- Prefer GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prefer rising junior or senior, but will consider other class levels
- Demonstrated self-motivation and ability and ability to focus in an open workspace office environment or if working from home
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision
- Ability to contribute in a team environment
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment and dealing with ambiguity
- Proficient in Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and MS Teams
- Strong verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
Apply here to start an extraordinary career today.