Events Production Internship
Our spring season will be virtual, so this is a remote position.
The Center for Fiction is the only nonprofit literary organization in the U.S. solely dedicated to celebrating fiction. In February 2019, we opened the doors to our new building in Downtown Brooklyn, creating a home for NYC’s literary community.
We’re known for our special literary events, including our innovative panels, performances, lectures, and conversations, and we need interns to help them run smoothly. We are seeking students who are passionate about the literary world and who want to participate as a team to ensure the programs here are of the highest possible quality for all involved.
This is a great opportunity to practice literary citizenship, learn more about the literary world, and to get hands-on experience that could translate to work in publishing, programming events, and independent bookstores.
Each intern will receive event assignments based on their class schedule. For each assigned event, they will do the following:
- Help authors and guests get set up on Crowdcast and go over best practices for a successful production.
- Create a marketing sheet with links to reviews, essays, interviews, and other promotional materials for the guests, and draft social media posts for the marketing team.
- Serve as co-hosts during the event to monitor the chat, answer technical questions from viewers, post links to books and essays mentioned during the event, and any other assigned duties, depending on the nature of the event.
This is a non-paying internship, but benefits include:
- An opportunity to meet and interact with great writers, editors, performers, artists, and other professionals (virtually)
- Free Center for Fiction Membership (complete with all membership perks and discounts)
- A letter of recommendation after meeting goals and expectations for the season
- We are also willing to work with your school if there is an opportunity to do the internship for credit.
To apply, please send an email with a brief introduction and your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org. Interviews will begin in late December/early January.