Chemours is seeking a Finance/Treasury Co-Op to join our Treasury team! This position will report directly to the Manager, Treasury Operations.
This is a great opportunity for any student with a Finance or Accounting major that is looking for on the job learning about the day-to-day activities (i.e. cash forecasting, daily transaction reconciliation and etc.) in Treasury Operations.
Location: Wilmington, DE
Hours: Regular full-time schedule of 40 hours per week
Term: 6-month assignment between December 2021-June 2022
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assisting in the daily bank reconciliation process by confirming Treasury transactions have cleared at the bank and are properly reconciled. Transactions include FX trades, investments, bank transfers, dividends, internal and external principal and interest payments and ad-hoc wire payments
- Liaising with different departments within Chemours and assist with the research and analysis of Treasury transactions for the proper accounting
- Assisting in building weekly cash forecast and liquidity analysis workbook
- Supporting corporate insurance renewal process by compiling presentation materials and/or gathering and presenting data
- Supporting ad-hoc reporting of cash and other treasury operations statistics
- Participating in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
The following is required for this role:
- Enrollment at an accredited college or university as a sophomore or above at time of assignment
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in Finance or Accounting
The following is preferred for this role:
- 3.0 GPA or above
- Previous Finance or Accounting co-op
- Competitive Compensation
- Paid Site Holidays and Paid Day of Service
- Temporary Housing Assistance
- Learning and Development Opportunities
- Strong Inclusion and Diversity Initiatives
WE’RE CHEMOURS. A DIFFERENT KIND OF CHEMISTRY COMPANY.
We are driven by our purpose to create a more colorful, capable, and cleaner world through the power of chemistry.
Built upon a 200-year-old legacy and a world-class product portfolio, we bring everyday convenience to virtually everything people touch—in industries ranging from automotive, paints, and plastics to electronics, construction, energy, and telecommunications. We bring solutions that are better, safer, more reliable, and more sustainable, through the power of chemistry.
We see our people as our biggest assets. Instead of focusing just on what our employees do each day, we look at how they do it. By taking a different approach to talent development, employee engagement, and culture, our goal is to empower employees to be their best selves—at Chemours and in life.
The “ours” in Chemours represents everyone who works here. We’re thousands strong and always looking for the best and brightest to join our team.
Five fundamental, foundational values form the substructure of our culture as a multinational
corporation. They are core beliefs that guide and frame both our behaviors and our aspirations.
Our values are in part what differentiate us from others, making us uniquely Chemours.
They are—Customer Centered, Refreshing Simplicity, Collective Entrepreneurship,
Safety Obsession, and Unshakable Integrity. At Chemours, our values are where everything begins.
We were honored to be named a “Great Place to Work-Certified Company” for 2019-2020—our second consecutive year. We were also proud to receive a Gold Medallion Award from the U.S. Department of Labor’s HIRE VETS program in 2019.
Chemours is an equal opportunity employer
Chemours is an E-Verify employer
Candidates must be able to perform all duties listed with or without accommodation
Candidates must be authorized to work in the United States. Candidates who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment (i.e., H1-B visa, F-1 visa [OPT], TN visa or any other non-immigrant status) are ineligible