Massachusetts General Hospital
Administrative Coordinator Job Description
Mongan Institute in the Department of Medicine at Massachusetts General Hospital is seeking a full time Administrative Coordinator. Founded in 2015, the Mongan Institute is dedicated to supporting research across MGH in the areas of population and health care delivery science. The Institute bridges research spanning data science to delivery science, and evaluative science to implementation science including a variety of disciplines and methods such as epidemiology, predictive analytics, cost-effectiveness, health policy, decision science, health disparities, health intervention and implementation research.
**When applying, please upload a cover letter, resume, and transcript. A minimum of two year commitment preferred.**
The Administrative Coordinator will staff and support a wide variety of projects related to the Mongan Institute which may include the following:
- Public Relations: Provides assistance with dissemination and PR of Mongan Institute events including highlighting research and faculty of the Mongan Institute. Tasks include creating social media, website design, preparing the annual report and brochures, maintaining distribution lists, and preparing and distributing a monthly e-newsletter and/or regular weekly communications. Develop relevant content topics to reach Mongan Institute audience and funders. Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written). Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Research Project Support: Provides assistance with any project or program related tasks, including literature searches, background research, developing meeting documents or presentations, developing meeting materials and summary reports, communication with internal and external stakeholders, and providing logistical support. This may also include providing assistance with writing IRB research protocols for Mongan Institute Director’s research projects and managing continuing review applications and other related IRB processes. Assist Administrative Director and Director with grant writing, research publications, and final grant reports
- Meeting/Seminar Series Planning: Provides assistance with research meetings and seminar series, including coordinating meeting preparations, communication with participants, developing and analyzing evaluations, preparing participant meeting materials and staffing events. This includes staffing and supporting the Diversity and Inclusion Workgroup and the D&I Employee Resource Group.
- Other: Provide staffing and support to any initiatives as needed, including managing Mongan Institute membership and applications, supporting MGH COVID19 Corps Biomedical Research Internship Program.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree preferred, with a focus in journalism, writing, marketing or other health care related field.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- The ideal candidate for this position is someone with a high degree of professionalism, who is highly organized, detail oriented and creative, and who has the ability to complete tasks on-time.
- Must have strong project management and implementation skills, including the ability to keep a team on track to achieve goals.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills, and able to demonstrate this through a writing sample.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Ability to work with a broad range of people to collaboratively complete projects.
- Must be able to multitask, proactively take initiative and be a team player, as well as work independently under the supervision of the project lead. The candidate must also demonstrate strong communication skills, both oral and written.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the mission of the Mongan Institute
- Should be well versed in working with Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint, SPSS and Endnote.
- Experience with website design and Wix a plus.
Massachusetts General Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer. By embracing diverse skills, perspectives and ideas, we choose to lead. Applications from people of color, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities are strongly encouraged.