Our Mission: The Fortune Society’s mission is to support successful reentry from incarceration and promote alternatives to incarceration, thus strengthening the fabric of our communities.
Opportunity Title: Re-Entry Administration and Community Outreach Intern
Type: Experiential Intern, un-paid
Department/Reports To: Jordan Perry, email@example.com
Location: Hybrid (Remote, LIC Office)
Tentative Schedule: Flexible based on availability, must commit 24 hours a week Duration: Summer June 1st-Aug 15th; Fall Sept 1st-Dec 15th
Application Deadline: Summer recruitment ASAP; Fall interviews June/July, Fall selection Aug 1st
Position Summary: The goal of the Community Re-Entry Services Intern
is to support The Fortune Society’s I-CAN (Individualized Corrections Achievement Network) program through completing administrative work and communicating the program’s resources to new participants.
- In-Person: Print Jail-Based Curriculum
- In-Person: Organize In-House Paperwork/Filing
- Conduct outreach calls and emails to Newly Released Participants from Rikers
- Conduct Wellness Calls (Support Groups for Previously Incarcerated People)
- Assist with Caseloads When Needed
- Comfortable with talking about sensitive topics with our community members
- Must have or currently pursuing a college degree
- Sensitivity toward the population served by The Fortune Society and the ability to assist them without bias is necessary.
- Must be 18+ of age
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
- Learn how to conduct outreach in a professional setting
- Enhance ability to be an effective team player through the I-CAN department
- Develop communication skills needed to build service relationships with new participants
- Increase knowledge of understanding and working with the formerly incarcerated population
▪ All volunteers/interns must first submit an application online at
▪ Applications selected for a phone/zoom interview will be contacted via email to
schedule. If selected to interview, candidates will need to submit their most recent
resume and a cover letter.