Our Mission: The Fortune Society’s mission is to support successful reentry from incarceration and promote alternatives to incarceration, thus strengthening the fabric of our communities.
Opportunity Title: Customer Relations Intern
Type: Intern, un-paid
Department/Reports To: Eboni Burrowes, Director of Career Advisement
Location: In-Person (Long Island City Office or Harlem) / Hybrid
Tentative Schedule: Flexible based on availability, must commit 20 hours a week
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Summary: The goal of the Customer Relations Intern is to support the Employment Services department by working directly with clients, recruiting for workshops, act as a service coach to encourage retention outcomes, and reporting any issues and concerns to proper staff when necessary.
▪ Calling clients and answering any questions or concerns
▪ Enrolling clients in the employment services workshop
▪ Taking note of client information
▪ Helping clients organize their files/documents needed for workshops
▪ Input information collected during calls into a database
▪ Organizing and updating class lists
▪ Taking notes on each individual client and communicating it to class instructors
▪ Pay attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Other duties as assigned
▪ Comfortable with talking about sensitive topics with our community members
▪ Must have a bachelor’s degree
▪ Sensitivity toward the population served by The Fortune Society and the ability to assist them without bias is necessary.
▪ Must be 18+ of age
▪ Acquire database management skills in a professional setting
▪ Enhance ability to be an effective team player at the Employment Services department
▪ Develop the communication skills needed to maintain relationships with clients
▪ Increase knowledge of understanding and working with the formerly incarcerated population
▪ Must have personal laptop/computer with reliable internet connection
▪ All applicants will need to complete the organizations online application
▪ Applications will need to submit their most recent resume and a cover letter. Some internships may also require submitting a work/writing sample or portfolio of work.