Our Mission: The Fortune Society’s mission is to support successful reentry from incarceration and promote alternatives to incarceration, thus strengthening the fabric of our communities.
Opportunity Title: Employment Services Recruitment Intern
Type: Intern, un-paid
Department/Reports To: Employment Services/Aminata Cisse, Manager of Transitional Fellowships
Location: Remote / In-Person (LIC Office or Harlem) / Hybrid
Tentative Schedule: Approximately 20-40 hours per week
Duration: Fall start Sept 1st- Dec 15th, 2021
Application Deadline: Open until filled
Position Summary: The goal of the Employment Services Recruitment Intern is to support the Employment Services department with recruiting and onboarding activities. The intern will be responsible for scheduling calls and interviews, maintaining candidate database and handling confidential paperwork.
▪ Help conduct outreach calls to clients
▪ Track client responses
▪ Analyze employment positions to client database
▪ Conduct meetings with clients to assess employment matching
▪ Verify documentation needed for client to progress towards new employment
▪ Pay attention to detail and accuracy
▪ Perform administrative tasks as needed
▪ Previous experience with customer service
▪ Must have or currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree
▪ Sensitivity toward the population served by The Fortune Society and the ability to assist them without bias is necessary.
▪ Must be 18+ of age
▪ Acquire database management skills in a professional setting
▪ Enhance ability to be an effective team player at the Employment Services department
▪ Develop the communication skills needed to conduct outreach
▪ Increase knowledge of understanding and working with the formerly incarcerated population
▪ Must have personal laptop/computer with reliable internet connection
▪ Will need to complete organization’s online application, screening call/zoom, and potentially interview with the supervising staff of that internship.
▪ Applicants will need to submit their most recent resume and a cover letter. Some internships may require the submission of a work/writing sample or portfolio.