Our Mission: The Fortune Society’s mission is to support successful reentry from incarceration and promote alternatives to incarceration, thus strengthening the fabric of our communities.
Opportunity Title: Research Data Management Intern
Type: Intern, un-paid (2 positions)
Department/Reports To: Nutrition Research Coordinator
Tentative Schedule: Flexible based on intern’s availability; 14 hours per week
Duration: Fall Sept 1st-Dec 15th
Application Deadline: Fall ASAP
Position Summary: The Research Unit of the Fortune’s Food and Nutrition Department is currently conducting an evaluation study on food budgets for the Harlem community. This research is to identify whether a food voucher increases the purchase of food and vegetables of low-income communities. The Research Assistant Intern will work along with the Nutrition Research Coordinator to perform the following:
▪ Transfer data from scanned documents to Excel.
▪ Manage the data set (organize data in Excel) to facilitate data analysis done by the Nutrition Research Coordinator.
▪ Must be able to work with a large set of data
▪ Excellent organizational skills
▪ Strong ability to work independently
▪ Computer literate; must own a Mac
▪ Prefer candidate has interest in research in nutrition/dietetics, health science, or public health.
▪ Pursuing Graduate degree or recently graduated with Masters.
▪ Must be 18+ of age
▪ Part of the data collection process of research.
▪ Learn data management skills in the nonprofit sector.
▪ Learn data cleaning and organization.
Check with your school’s Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting the hiring offer to determine if this position satisfies the criteria for receiving academic credit.