Our Mission: The Fortune Society’s mission is to support successful reentry from incarceration and promote alternatives to incarceration, thus strengthening the fabric of our communities.
Opportunity Title: Retention Specialist Intern
Type: Intern, un-paid
Department/Reports To: Employment Services Team
Location: Remote / In-Person (LIC Office) / Hybrid
Tentative Schedule: Monday-Thursdays from 1:30pm-5pm, Fridays from 9am-5pm Duration: Ongoing Application
Deadline: Open until filled
Position Summary: The goal of the Retention Specialist Intern is to help the Employment Services team utilize a case management approach as well as regular telephone and in-person consultations to help clients address work-related problems and issues external to the workplace impacting performance.
▪ Make referrals both within and outside Fortune as necessary to provide people with the services that will help them solve outside problems and retain their jobs
▪ Engage in career planning with clients on issues of career advancement
▪ Monitor and report on the employment status and salary of Employment Services Workshop clients on a monthly basis
▪ Provide one-on-one retention counseling either by phone or in-person for 240+ clients per month; issue employment incentives;
▪ Other duties as assigned
▪ Comfortable with talking about sensitive topics with our community members
▪ Currently enrolled college student or recent college graduate with previous work experience.
▪ Sensitivity toward the population served by The Fortune Society and the ability to assist them without bias is necessary.
▪ Must be 18+ of age
▪ Learn how to organize information and solve problems in a professional setting
▪ Enhance ability to be an effective team player at the Employment Services department
▪ Develop communication skills needed to maintain client relationships
Increase knowledge of understanding and working with the formerly incarcerated population