Think getting paid to spend the entire summer by the pool sounds too good to be true? Think again! The Funplex is hiring responsible, energetic, communicative as lifeguards this summer at our Waterpark. As a lifeguard, you will be responsible for providing guests with an exceptional experience while ensuring safe and proper usage of the facilities by communicating rules and active supervision of the pool area. Candidates who are looking for steady work and enjoy the excitement of being in a waterpark environment are encouraged to apply! Lifeguards working for The Funplex/Splashplex-East Hanover can expect competitive pay, plenty of sun, and tons of fun. The Funplex/Splashplex-East Hanover is the place where everyone wants to be, so apply now and take the step toward spending your summer at the Splashplex.
Experience is preferred, however not necessary. The Funplex values providing employees with the necessary tools in order to be successful. Candidates hired will receive lifeguard certification training including the following certifications: NASCO Lifeguard Training, as well as First Aid, CPR.
*Not certified, get certified with us today. All candidates must complete the swimming requirement**
Job Description: Under direction of Aquatic Director & Aquatics Supervisor, lifeguards work to ensure the safety and service of our guests. Lifeguards maintain constant surveillance of guests in the water, and act immediately and appropriately to secure the safety of our guests in the event of an emergency. They will provide emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of EMS, and maintain skill at a rescue-ready level at all times. The successful lifeguard candidate will present a professional appearance and attitude at all times, and will maintain a high standard of customer service. This person performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain cleanliness and safety and, if needed, prepares appropriate reports under direction of the Aquatic Supervisor.
- Swim 250 yards continuously
- Retrieve a 10-pound brick from deep water and swim it 15 feet
- At least be 16 years of age
- Be willing and available to work as scheduled, based upon the needs of the park, including weekends and holidays.
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Must be able to attend training at a time to be scheduled by the SplashPlex Water Park
- Must successfully complete NASCO Lifeguard Training course provided by Splashplex Water Park **Free Certification Provided**
- Possess physical stamina and can stand for extended periods of time in various weather conditions and temperatures