Equal Opportunity Employer.
This is an academic programs position. The focus is to create a vocational technical and academic environment that provides inmates/detainees the opportunity to maximize their learning potential and achieve or enhance an ability to perform vocational tasks.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides instruction to inmates/detainees for various labor and/or technical skills through classroom instruction, demonstration and practical exercises.
- Maintains records including testing, daily offender work, attendance and general record keeping.
- Assesses educational needs of inmates, develops lessons plans to address those needs to include individualized assignments and training.
- Administers, scores, and interprets examinations and proficiency indicators.
- Counsels students concerning their performance, behavior and personal problems.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or high school diploma/equivalency and five (5) years relevant wage-earning work experience required.
- Two (2) years teaching experience required.
- Valid teaching certification from the state Department of Education or comparable authority required.