Do you want to make a difference from the comfort of your own home? Join The Graide Network as a virtual grading assistant to help teachers and students across the nation. As a “Graider,” you will read, score, and provide personalized feedback on student essays as they prepare for the upcoming AP History exams. This is a 100% remote, paid part-time opportunity. All you need is a laptop and wifi.
Why become a Graider?
- The work is flexible and convenient. Choose assignments you’re interested in, work any time of day, and pick up as many projects as you like. As a guideline, Graiders should plan to work 6+ hours a week on average.
- This is a paid opportunity. Pay per project typically ranges from $20-60. Base pay starts at $10 per hour with opportunities for pay increases based on experience and special qualifications. If approved for grading AP History work, these assignments are paid at an increased base rate of $12 per hour.
- You can make an impact on students and teachers by joining our online community of Graiders that serve hundreds of K-12 students and teachers across the country.
- You’ll receive ongoing professional development and coaching to build your feedback and professional skills.
What Graiders are saying: “Working at TGN has given me a very convenient part-time job that has allowed me to not only help teachers, but learn new things myself. I’ve learned how important it is to communicate effectively to help people improve. These are skills that will stick with me for the rest of my career.” -Patrick O., Graider
You will excel as a Graider if you are:
- A history major or have extensive history coursework
- A strong writer – since you’ll be providing written feedback to students and teachers, strong written communication skills are a must.
- Passionate about helping students learn – competitive applicants often have experience tutoring or volunteering with students
- A good communicator
- Go to https://www.thegraidenetwork.com/become-a-graider/ to start your application
- Complete a Graider Application Activity and share a writing sample
- Submissions are reviewed on a rolling basis, and qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the process of grading a mock high school English assignment and an AP History training assignment.
****Note: History majors will be prioritized for review
Faith Le Graider Recruitment and Development Manager
WHO WE ARE
The Graide Network is an award-winning education technology company that connects K-12 teachers with qualified, on-demand teaching assistants to grade and provide feedback on student work online. “Graiders” provide personalized, actionable, and timely feedback to students and teachers. Their support unlocks the tremendous power of feedback to improve learning for students and puts data at educators’ fingertips like never before.
OUR COMMITMENT TO ANTI-BIAS AND ANTI-RACISM
The Graide Network is committed to becoming a fiercely anti-biased, anti-racist (ABAR) organization. We recognize the systemic nature of racism in America and, in particular, the unique impact it has on Black and Indigenous people. As an organization, we choose to fight against the oppression of all marginalized people, identities, and communities and against all biases including racism, sexism, ableism, classism, homophobia/heterosexism, ageism, religious prejudice, xenophobia, size/beauty bias, and discrimination based on marital status.