Performs moderately complex analysis and research for all financial aspects related to assigned brands. Presents actionable business analysis and fact-based recommendations to the Brand Marketing team with oversight from the Brand Finance Leader. Identifies and investigates issues and variances, and performs monthly analysis of operations expenses, builds financial models, and assists with the development of the Annual Operating Plan (AOP), quarterly P&L forecasting, month-end close, reporting and presentations. Multi-tasking and the ability to work with all levels of cross-functional business team members in a high-speed environment are essential. Position reports directly to the Sr. Manager, Brand Finance.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serve as a business partner for assigned brands on accounting and finance related questions. This will involve the ability to assess business needs, identify risks and opportunities and offer a resolution in a timely manner, and clear communication of issues/business results.
- Participate in the preparation and compilation of the AOP and 3-year strategic plan for assigned brands for the P&L and related balance sheet accounts.
- Update the quarterly forecast for assigned brands based on business changes. Actively communicate changes to business partners by providing specific, actionable and forward-looking commentary on the various changes as well as guidance on potential risk. Assist the business team in identifying solves for business challenges or risks.
- Participate in monthly S&OP volume forecasting process with cross-functional business team and monitor and evaluate topline sales performance regularly throughout the month.
- Participate in month-end/quarter-end close activities to ensure completion of assigned tasks, including identification and resolution of unusual items and issues in a timely manner.
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis and models for various requests for assigned brand (innovation, customer analysis, pricing, etc.).
- · Responsible for project work that will rotate and cut across several different financial disciplines including, but not limited to FP&A, innovation, trade spend and marketing investments, etc.
- Lead the development of standardized reporting and KPIs for assigned brands.
- Evaluate and deliver periodic metrics, scorecards and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required – MBA or CPA certification a plus
- Internship in professional general business and financial experience – CPG industry preferred
- Background and experience in P&L management, along with knowledge of financial systems and general accounting concepts
- Demonstrated critical thinking skills, including modeling, leveraging analytics, benchmarking, and insights to generate meaningful strategies and solutions.
- Ability to develop strong relationships and partnerships with cross-functional partners and peers and effectively manage those relationships
- Experience effectively working across multiple departments to complete a project or resolve an organizational challenge
- History of a positive attitude; proactive and driven with intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Strength of character; must by tough-minded and able to deal with change and have the courage to positively challenge the status quo
- Ability to deal with ambiguity, change and a dynamic business environment
- Exceptional PC skills required with proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- IRI, Nielsen and/or SPINS experience preferred
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion Essbase, Business Objects, and Prism preferred