Reports to: Assistant Controller
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Part-Time (20 hours/week)
The Jewish Museum:
Founded in 1904 and located on New York City’s Museum Mile, the Jewish Museum is dedicated to the enjoyment, understanding, and preservation of the artistic and cultural heritage of the Jewish people. The Museum maintains a unique collection of nearly 30,000 works of art, ceremonial objects, and media reflecting the global Jewish experience over more than 4,000 years. The Museum applies a contemporary lens to its exhibitions, which range from ancient to contemporary art.
The Jewish Museum is seeking to hire a part-time Junior AR Accountant/Bookkeeper to handle its revenue and receivable transactions. Great Plains and Nonprofit accounting/bookkeeping experience are highly desirable.
- Record revenue/income, cash receipt, credit card, and other cashflow transactions
- Prepare bank deposits and follow up with banks on discrepancies/errors in relation to bank transactions
- Review cash receipts against bank records/statements and perform bank reconciliations
- Review and reconcile various revenue and AR accounts; generate invoices and bill customers; follow up outstanding collection (and customer relation) issues when needed
- Maintain various Excel spreadsheets/reports in relation to different revenue sources as instructed by Assistant Controller
- Reconcile credit card transactions to records from revenue sources/departments; interface with colleagues in other departments to resolve revenue/cash receipt discrepancies; obtain and maintain supporting documents to ensure revenue/AR are accurately and completely recorded/accrued; respond to inquiries in a timely manner
- Assist Assistant Controller in recording general journals resulting from investment, payroll and other recurring transactions
- Prepare journal entries triggered by adjustments, corrections and reclassifications as instructed by Assistant Controller
- Follow internal control procedures and obtain proper approvals in relation to AR (and other) responsibilities
- Assist other accounting team members in response to audit (and other compliance) requests
- Perform file maintenance/storage routines; order office supplies for accounting team members
· Associated Degree in Accounting (or 2 Years of Bookkeeping Training)
· Accounting Experience: 1 year
· Nonprofit Accounting Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
· Well-organized, detail-oriented with excellent follow-through skills
· Strong ability to prioritize and multi-task
· Strong computer skills, including working knowledge of all Microsoft Office products
· Ability to work onsite and remotely
Send Resume with Cover Letter To:
Associate Director, Human Resources
The Jewish Museum
1109 Fifth Avenue
New York, NY 10128
For additional information, please visit: https://thejewishmuseum.org/careers.
The Jewish Museum encourages individuals of all ethnic, racial, and socioeconomic backgrounds to apply for this position. We are committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization and want to engage all those who can contribute to this effort. The Jewish Museum provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected characteristics prohibited by applicable law.