This is a permanent, part-time position (24 hours/week). At this time, this position is fully remote but will transition to in-person when safe.
Minimum Educational Requirement:
Minimum: 2-year degree in Biology, Public Health, Biomedical Science or any science/health major.
Entry level; 1-2 years of relevant job experience
Roles and responsibilities may include, but will not be limited to the following:
Reporting to the Director, the Data Associate will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Department. This individual will also be expected to work independently and to be self-motivated.
This position involves assisting with various data platforms and databases used for tracking patients with a rare form of cancer called Gastro Intestinal Stromal Tumors. It requires significant communication with patients and caregivers.
The successful applicant should be able to collect and manage large amounts of data, have an intuitive ability to see any inconsistencies, and employ a proactive approach to resolving them. This role will allow you to gain new skills and invaluable scientific and medical knowledge within rare cancer data management.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Experience in data collection, entry and processes
- Working knowledge of medical terminologies, human anatomy, and biology
- Can relate to patients with life-threatening and sometimes terminal cancers in a compassionate manner
- Can elicit, analyze, and accurately document medical histories, treatments, and side effects
- Comfortable with scientific concepts
- Maintains confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA regulations
- Systematic, meticulous, and detail-oriented with Analytical mindset
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office: Excel and Word
- Utilizes computerized data entry platforms and various word processing, spreadsheet and file maintenance programs to enter, store and/or retrieve medical information.
- Intuitive ability to see patterns and inconsistencies in data
- Ability to work within a team environment and manage competing priorities in a changeable environment
- Superior listening skills and the ability to exhibit empathy
- Effective communication, time management and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Team player with leadership skills, abilities and desire to interact with people at all levels
- Bilingual (Spanish) preferred