The Michael J. Fox Foundation for Parkinson’s Research (MJFF) was founded in 2000 with one clear objective: finding a cure for Parkinson’s disease (PD). The Foundation applies extraordinary scientific, business and media assets to this singular focus – thus creating a unique and dynamic organization. Since inception, MJFF has quickly grown into the largest nonprofit funder of Parkinson’s disease research worldwide, having funded more than $900 million in research projects. We exist to put ourselves out of business, so we deliberately hold no endowment but instead spend what we raise quickly and efficiently; 88 cents of every dollar spent goes directly to research programs. Core to our philosophy is how we think of our capital and its risk profile relative to other stakeholders in the drug development pipeline. We work aggressively to de-risk various treatment ideas and tools in the hopes of building a robust pipeline of new treatments for patients.
MJFF’s Research Partnerships team bridges the gap between science and patients to get better treatments faster. One of those critical gaps is clinical trial recruitment, which can be prolonged, costly, and inefficient for drug developers – not to mention inaccessible for potential volunteers.
As a Research Partnerships Officer, you will play an integral role in scaling MJFF’s programs aimed at facilitating an effective clinical trial ecosystem for Parkinson’s. You will work in a multi-project, cross-functional capacity and will be responsible for supporting the ongoing development and execution of multiple MJFF projects related to research engagement. The position involves close interaction with strategic program and product managers within the Foundation in addition to stakeholders in the ecosystem including biopharma trial sponsors, clinical research centers, and the Parkinson’s patient community.
Your job duties include securing stakeholder adoption of MJFF assets to support and accelerate ongoing trial recruitment while also serving as integral business analyst identifying field needs for research participation, translating those requirements into insights to prioritize MJFF’s ongoing investments, and continually evaluating our ROI. With 175+ unique therapies in clinical testing and a lean team at the Foundation focused on research engagement, your data-driven insights will inform critical business decisions that ensure MJFF maximizes the impact we can have on the field.
You will have the opportunity to partner across the Foundation actively contributing to MJFF’s goals at large and will report to the Senior Associate Director of Research Partnerships. We are actively seeking someone with exceptional communication and documentation skills, a strong quantitative background, and sharp healthcare acumen.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop a keen understanding of the clinical research ecosystem for Parkinson’s including the distinct perspectives of stakeholders from biopharma, CROs, clinical sites, and volunteers
- Learn and maintain a deep understanding of MJFF research engagement tool functionality and utility from both user and ecosystem perspectives
- Develop and deploy training programs on key MJFF assets for research teams including the trial matching tool Fox Trial Finder and our recruitment and retention toolkit
- Liaise with key internal stakeholders to seamlessly translate business requirements for strategic scaling into data gathering, documentation and reporting specifications to meet the needs of diverse stakeholders
Research and Reporting
- Monitor and report on industry news and identify market trends in clinical trial recruitment and retention in PD and other neurological disorders
- Work as a business analyst, effortlessly navigating qualitative and quantitative data (wrangling, exploring, modeling, validating, visualizing, socializing) to capture insightful trends and impact of MJFF’s research engagement investments on the Parkinson’s clinical development landscape; extract key information quickly and simply to help internal teams make business decisions
- Action data collection and analysis to quantify the impact and ROI of MJFF’s financial and non-financial investments in research engagement toward accelerating Parkinson’s clinical trials
- Present findings and recommendations to senior management and key stakeholders across the Foundation; provide data-driven insights to enrich decision making and ongoing prioritization of MJFF’s investments in research engagement
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of relevant work experience (e.g., business analyst, healthcare data management, technical consulting, clinical research) with measurable success and achievement
- Highly analytical, sharp and innovative thinker
- Excellent communication skills, capable of accurately assessing key business requirements and explaining analytics to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong organizational skills, keen multi-tasker able to support research, analysis and reporting across diverse teams
- Self-starter capable of working independently
- Effective team player with a collaborative approach to problem-solving and comfort in navigating ambiguity
- Fluent in Excel and PowerPoint; proficiency in programming languages and experience with Salesforce CRM and DOMO considered a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates should submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter describing their specific qualifications and interest in the position. Submissions without cover letters will not be considered.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation strongly encourages applications from individuals who will contribute to our efforts to build and support a diverse, equitable and inclusive workforce. Diversity may refer to characteristics including, but not limited to, race, religion, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, socioeconomic circumstance, geographic background, ability and disability, political ideology and age.
Please, no telephone inquiries and do not contact our staff directly. Only applicants who best match the position needs will be contacted.
The Michael J. Fox Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.