Winter (January 2022 – March 2022)
Full-Time and Part-Time
Day, Evening and Weekend Shifts Available
Academy Instructors are responsible for delivering our unique, experiential learning-based curriculum to guide school-aged children from discovery to self-mastery in skiing, snowboarding and cross-country skiing. They partner with the group leaders to assess the abilities of their group and develop a specific plan for the day. Instructors tailor the learning environment to the skills of each group by creating game stations that develop and advance these skills. Instructors lead the Academy group leaders and their kids in the games and activities associated with each game station.
Essential Job Functions:
- Continually coach the desired outcomes of on-snow games and activities to master skills progression through the Academy curriculum with the help of group leaders.
- Share daily plan of on-snow activities with group leaders prior to the arrival of their groups
- Daily set-up and take-down of classrooms.
- Lead the group leaders and their group of children in fun & engaging games
- Teach proper technique appropriate to the participants’ ability level
- Promote safety & provide students with guidelines for safe skiing/riding
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Personable, patient, driven, reliable and accountable skier/snowboarder with a love of the outdoors, a passion for coaching and mentoring children
- Team player committed to creating a nurturing, productive and fun environment that ensures the safety, success & welfare of all participants and coworkers
- Ability to ski safely & confidently in all snow conditions, on varying moderate types of terrain and during extreme winter weather for prolonged periods of time (2+ hours outside)
- Must pass background check, complete on snow training and Safesport child safety training
- PSIA/AASI Children’s Specialist and/or Level One Certification, or equivalent experience preferred (not required willingness to learn is valued)
NOTE: All Winter4Kids employees are required to, occasionally, perform alternate job functions outside of their assigned department.