Clinical Social Worker (LMSW) is responsible for performing initial mental health screenings for youth admitted to foster care in the Bronx region (ages 6-18) and carrying a small caseload of foster care youth with whom CBT for trauma and other evidenced-based trauma treatment models are implemented. The role functions as part of a treatment team that includes medical staff, psychiatry and case planning staff and will require responsibilities related to that of a liaison.
- Perform initial mental health screening assessments for new admissions to foster care homes in the Bronx/North Manhattan region. Approximately 30% of the screenings are conducted via Telemental health.
- Communicate with the treatment team regarding the recommendations for specialized clinical services based on the outcome of the screening.
- Collaborates with the medical staff on scheduling the mental health screenings at the same time as that of the initial medical appointment and conducts 70% of the onsite screenings at the medical clinic.
- Conduct individual, group and family psychotherapy-evidenced based CBT trauma for youth and other evidenced based clinical treatment models 30% of which would occur off-site including Haven Academy, in the community or in the home.
- Attend staff, disposition and treatment planning meetings as needed.
- Complete, on a timely basis, all mental health treatment reports and progress notes.
- Conduct compliance activities in accordance with city, state, and federal regulations.