The Foundling’s Development and Communications Department is looking for a charismatic, outgoing and highly-motivated Individual and Corporate Giving Coordinator to join our 11-person team. This individual reports to the Director of Individual and Corporate Giving and supports the individual and corporate giving team, facilitating in-kind product and service donations, supporting individual giving efforts, and managing corporate partner employee engagement events.
- Corporate Engagement and In-Kind Support:
- Proactively develop and oversee the identification, cultivation and solicitation of in-kind product donations from corporations and individuals.
- Manage the distribution and dissemination of in-kind donations to programs.
- Plan and coordinate program, client, and volunteer engagement in group volunteer events, including those with corporate employees and board and junior board members.
- Collaborate with program staff to determine product donation, pro bono support, and volunteer needs.
- Manage in-kind giving within Raiser’s Edge, including tracking program donations and distribution.
- Develop and manage in-kind outreach letters, correspondence, proposals and reports.
- Oversee and coordinate calendar for in-kind donations, tracking deliverables, and maintaining records.
- Research new and prospective corporate partners.
- Participate in and/or lead presentations to existing and prospective corporate partners.
- Respond to and shepherd requests from corporations/individuals seeking to make in-kind donations.
- Coordinate with communications staff to publicize and recognize in-kind donors and corporate partnerships.
Individual Giving and Special Events:
- Conduct comprehensive prospect research on individual donors and event attendees.
- Prepare correspondence for individual funders, including funding updates, in a timely and professional manner.
- Assist Senior Events Manager with the preparation for and management of special events, including two annual fundraising events, major volunteer engagement events, and cultivation receptions.
- Coordinate and facilitate assigned individual cultivation and stewardship initiatives for donors, including mailings and phone calls.
- Manage individual volunteer inquiries and delegate to appropriate team members.
- Support Development Associate and other development staff in Raiser’s Edge management, including creating mailing lists, reports and entry.
- Represent The Foundling at third-party and community events, accepting gifts on behalf of the organization, and making presentations to select groups to educate them about our mission and work.
- Provide administrative support to the Director of Individual and Corporate Giving and the Vice President of Development, as needed.
- Other development projects as necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Tech savvy, proficiency with Microsoft applications and experience with CRM databases (Raiser’s Edge a plus).
- Self-motivated, with proven ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple, simultaneous projects.
- Strong writing, research and interpersonal communication skills.
- Polished, professional and comfortable liaising with donors and other VIPs.
- Must be comfortable fundraising and demonstrate a strong interest in philanthropy.
- Must be available to work occasional evenings and weekends.