Position: Partnerships Program Intern, Data & Evaluation
Reports to: Partnerships Manager
Status: Part-Time Duration: June 2021-June 2022
Location: Remote until at least August 2021
Since 2003, The Opportunity Network has ignited the drive, curiosity, and agency of students from historically and systematically underrepresented communities to connect them to college access and success, internships, career opportunities, and personal and professional networks. Our two core programs, OppNet Fellows and Career Fluency ® Partnerships, are anchored in our proprietary Career Fluency ® curriculum, which articulates the necessary skills and mindsets for college and career readiness. All of the work OppNet leads is in service of realizing our vision of a nation connected through vibrant communities and networks actively in pursuit of social justice and educational equity – a nation where all young people can freely create their own path to enduring success that honors their passions, ambitions, and full identities.
We are looking for an exceptional Partnerships Program Intern to assist the OppNet Partnerships team in managing and developing components of the Career Fluency ® Partnerships Program as it relates to developing our data and evaluation practices. In addition, the Partnerships Program Intern will play a supporting role in project management. This is a year-long opportunity to be part of a team expanding an innovative program model that will impact thousands of students across the country.
- Monitor, analyze, and synthesize data from Partnerships, creating outcomes reports for each Partner at the conclusion of programming and for Partnerships-led events (ex. Convenings).
- Support Partnerships Managers in duties related to effective Career Fluency® program evaluation implementation, including:
- Preparing assessment materials and keeping track of student completion rates.
- Updating Career Fluency ® training materials, including worksheets and PowerPoint decks.
- Codifying and standardizing best practices within Partnerships workflow streams.
- If we return to the office during the Fall of 2021, this will include filing, copying, and other administrative tasks.
- Work creatively to develop new data and evaluation strategies to enhance Partnership offerings.
- Identify new strategies to represent and visualize data in a user-friendly way for Partners and Partner students.
- Collaborate with the Assistant Director of Decision Sciences and Partnerships Team to identify and update program evaluation questions on a quarterly basis.
- Support the team in securing new partners by conducting research on new school and community organization prospects, sending outreach emails to new prospects, and other administrative support as needed
- Support the continual development and improvement of in-person and virtual Career Fluency ® curriculum for high school and college students.
The ideal candidate will personally connect to the important work we do and value diversity, equity, and inclusion (DE&I). The candidate will demonstrate DE&I values by actively participating in all organization-wide learning sessions and self-reflection as well as working with others to enact changes that contribute to meeting the organization’s DE&I goals. The candidate should possess outstanding organization and attention to detail, energy and initiative, the ability to prioritize and complete a variety of tasks on time, and a willingness to work on a wide range of assignments.
This position requires availability for 15-20 hours during the week and a Bachelor’s degree. It will be remote until at least August 2021, and then may require on-site work in our Manhattan office if it is safe. The ideal candidate will have these key assets and attributes:
- Strong skills using Google Suite and Microsoft Office, particularly Excel;
- Strong research skills and ability to synthesize findings;
- Strong data management skills;
- Strong data visualization skills;
- Classroom or other youth development experience preferred;
- Demonstrated alignment with OppNet’s core values in diversity, equity, and inclusion;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Exceptional project management skills;
- Detail-oriented; can be counted on to produce high-quality work;
- Adaptable, solutions-oriented and driven in innovative spaces;
- Ability to take initiative and work with minimal supervision;
- High degree of effectiveness and efficiency;
- Marketing experience and/or basic design skills are a plus;
- Experience with virtual and in-person content development and facilitation are a plus.
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Partnerships Program Intern Application ” and confirmation that you can work on-site in our Manhattan office, if it is safe, in the Fall.