Since 1992 our mission has been to see premium exquisite teas steaming in the cups of men, women, and children everywhere, and to emphasize a Sip by Sip Rather Than Gulp by Gulp lifestyle. The Republic of Tea offers more than 300 premium teas, herbs, bottled iced teas and nature-inspired sipware. A socially and environmentally responsible business, The Republic of Tea is a debt-free, family-owned business dedicated to sharing our prosperity by developing products to support worthy philanthropic organizations as well as provide learning and growth opportunities for our Employees internally referred to as Ministers. Join our TEAm and enjoy a collaborative work environment, opportunities to grow your professional network, and become part of the tea revolution!
Available hours are
6:00am to 4:00pm Monday through Wednesday
3:00pm to 6:00pm Monday through Friday.
The Republic of Tea is looking for a Picker/Packer to work part-time hours. Our shipping department performs picking of orders, packing products for shipping, and shipping confirmation. Individuals will be cross-trained in all areas of the pick and packing department Shipping confirmation is done throughout the workday.
- Accurately pick orders according to pick sheets and invoices: pick up product from designated warehouse locations, place product on cart, push cart to packing station, pack product in box and place on moving conveyor belt.
- Accurately pack product for shipping: place order onto packing station, scan each invoice into ERP system, scan the bar code on each item or case and inspect for accuracy and damage, pack items or cases into boxes with appropriate amount of packing materials, tape boxes with a tape gun and place on belt for shipment.
- Confirm shipping by sliding boxes onto scale, scanning for postage with scanning device and sliding box on shipping belt to await pick-up from shipping carrier.
- Load boxes from shipping belt to the shipping carrier’s truck.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High School graduate or GED
- Manual dexterity to pick and pack single items and case lots
- Able to push product cart containing up to 100 lbs up to 20 times daily
- Able to lift 50 lbs on own up to 4 or 5 times daily
- Able to push 50 lbs from pack station to shipping conveyor up to 20 times daily
- Able to stand or walk for long periods of time up to 12 hours a day.
- Expected to perform all picking and packing jobs to ensure proper job rotation and minimize repetitive motion
- Attention to detail
- Basic Reading and Math Skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to work under pressure
- Must be able to climb rolling ladder
- Must perform work with a sense of urgency
- Complete orders with speed and accuracy
- Ability to gain a general knowledge of computers and the ERP system
- Expectation of zero accidents/injuries of all employees. Be able to identify and correct unsafe practices.
- Minimal Forklift experience preferred
The Republic of Tea is an Equal Opportunity Employer