Provide leadership to the students of the After-School Program at the New Brunswick Corps. The After-School Program is based around the beliefs and stated mission of the Salvation Army; the Aide should be willing and able to support the mission and program. The After-School program operates from September through June; staff should be prepared to serve for the entirety of the program and be part of the Summer Day Camp Program in the summer.
- Organize, prepare, and clean/sanitize classrooms for the program.
- Supervise and help children during homework time.
- Prepare snacks, set up room for snack time, and clean/disinfect tables.
- Plan the weekly program and provide a list of supplies needed to Program Director.
- Work with Program Director to provide a pleasant and safe learning environment for children.
- Report disciplinary issues to Program Director and assist in evaluating situations as they arise.
- Maintain a clean and safe work area for children.
- Attend and support events that require After-School Program participation.
- Pick up students from designated schools.
- Do not leave group unattended at any time.
- Must always have knowledge of number and whereabouts of all children assigned.
- Attend staff and parent meetings as needed.
- Be punctual and notify necessary personnel if absent or late.
- Follow and maintain all cleaning protocols deemed necessary for the safety of staff and children.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Maintain a safe and fun online environment for children.
- Follow dress code guidelines.
- Be punctual and log in ahead of time to ensure stable internet connection and to greet students
- Have necessary supplies and equipment ready ahead of time for online class.
- Use appropriate language and gestures while interacting with students online.
- Plan, prepare, and execute monthly schedules as approved by Program Director.
- Assist in the planning and packing of weekly boxes for children.
- Be flexible due to COVID-19-related changes in After-School Program.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Experience working with children required.
- Creativity and ability to plan, prepare, and execute group activities for children.
- Organized and able to give concise instructions.
- Bilingual – English/Spanish fluency preferred.
- Must understand and support the mission of The Salvation Army.