Title: Member Services Associate
Reports to: NPEA Executive Director
National Partnership for Educational Access Overview:
Launched in 2007 at The Steppingstone Foundation, NPEA is a membership association that connects the people, practices, and innovations essential for eliminating barriers to educational access and college and career success for historically marginalized students. Working together, our members make it possible for all students to access high-quality learning opportunities and to thrive at every phase of their unique educational journeys. NPEA is an initiative of The Steppingstone Foundation. For more information about NPEA, please visit www.educational-access.org.
The Steppingstone Foundation Overview:
The Steppingstone Foundation prepares students from marginalized communities to access, navigate, and graduate from college through two initiatives, the Steppingstone Scholars Program and the National Partnership for Educational Access (NPEA). The Steppingstone Scholars Program is a direct-service program in Boston that provides academic, social-emotional, and college-readiness services to students, called Scholars, beginning as early as fifth grade and continuing all the way through college graduation. The Steppingstone Scholars Program consists of five components: Admissions, the Academy, Middle School Success, High School Success, and College Success.
NPEA seeks a skilled Member Services Associate to join our team. The Member Services Associate will provide vital administrative and programmatic support to assist with the ongoing growth and effectiveness of NPEA. This person will play a key role in assisting the NPEA team in meeting our goals to better support historically marginalized students across the country by providing leadership in member recruitment and retention, professional development, best practice sharing, and networking opportunities for the NPEA membership. This person will be a strong communicator, collaborator, highly organized, and able to work independently as well as closely with the team. The position is Monday – Friday from 9am – 5pm, with the possibility of a flexible schedule. Steppingstone will be adopting a hybrid work model (2 days on location; 3 days remote) this fall.
Start Date: Fall 2021
Salary: $48,000 – $53,000
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with NPEA Executive and Associate Directors to manage processes that ensure NPEA growth and sustainability
- Implement processes to ensure acquisition of new members and membership retention/renewal
- Manage all membership applications, renewals, payment processes, dues billing
- Maintain online membership system and update NPEA website
- Provide high-quality customer service to members through outstanding written and verbal communication and effective utilization of technology and social media
- Produce monthly membership and member benefits reports and other tracking as needed in order to understand needs, including usage of benefits and ongoing member satisfaction
- Provide support in implementation of member benefits and services, including monthly webinar series, member information requests, and rollout of online discussion forums
- Manage NPEA Career Center
- Take lead on certain aspects of marketing and communications to members, including monthly Digests, quarterly newsletters, and other special communications
- Provide administrative support and assistance in all areas of the annual conference to ensure a successful, high quality event that meets the needs of members
- Provide planning and implementation support for all events, including note-taking (virtual and in-person; note: NPEA is only holding virtual events at this time)
- Provide support in implementation of priorities, including membership acquisition and retention plans, data indicators project, NPEA Advisory Board and other committees, and other strategic activities
- Provide support for quarterly Advisory Board meetings and conference planning meetings, including note taking
- Travel approximately 1-2x a year (when NPEA resumes holding an in-person conference and other in-person events)
Knowledge and Skills:
Strong candidates for this position will demonstrate the following characteristics:
- Strong member relations and relationship-building skills
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation
- Effective project management and organizational skills, strong written and verbal communication skills, attention to detail
- Knowledge of and comfort with technology and social media, including Constant Contact, SurveyMonkey, Excel, Twitter, Facebook; knowledge of HTML and CRM software preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Two to three years of work experience in nonprofit/education settings and/or a bachelor’s degree. Experience working for an Association is preferred but not required
- Demonstrated commitment to educational equity and college access preferred.
To Apply: Please input your resume and a thoughtful cover letter outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and how you learned about this position. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Generous paid time off
- 15 days PTO
- 5 wellness days
- 12.5 holidays
- 2 weeks paid office closure
- Health, Dental and Vision coverage
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term disability insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Tuition & Professional Development reimbursement
- Flexible Spending Accounts – Health and Dependent Care
- Pre-tax Transportation Plan (Transit & Parking)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Steppingstone Core Values
Power of One
- We honor every voice and believe we are strongest when we work together.
- We recognize, respect, and nurture the fullness and complexity of each member of our community.
- We believe in the power of belonging and seek to create a welcoming and inclusive culture.
Walk the Walk
- We partner with every Scholar and family, supporting them holistically throughout their own educational journey.
- We work with clear and measurable purpose, using data to drive collective decision-making and challenge assumptions.
- We create spaces for difficult conversations to transform our thinking and move us forward.
- We strive to operate as an anti-racist organization and commit to continuous learning and action in the service of this goal.
- We provide opportunities for everyone in our community to flourish and reach their full potential.
- We make time for reflection, learn from past experiences, and take initiative in response to changing needs and new ideas.
The Steppingstone Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any individual, employee, or application for employment on the basis of race, color, marital status, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, or handicap, as defined by law.