Conservation Begins Here.
The Student Conservation Association (SCA) has a mission to create the next generation of conservation leaders. SCAs commitment to guiding new and increasingly diverse generations towards conservation leadership has never been more important or relevant to the communities in which we serve.
The Student Conservation Association seeks a dynamic Coordinator, Individual Giving. Reporting to the Senior Major Gifts Officer, the Coordinator, Individual Giving will work as part of the Individual Giving team to assist with operational and administrative aspects that support SCAs fundraising efforts. This position is remote.
- Under the direction of the Senior Major Gift Officer and VP, Philanthropy, develop and maintain an individual giving calendar that includes all donor outreach, including solicitations, stewardship (such as newsletter or donor gift mailings), and donor outreach.
- Conduct prospect research and develop donor profiles for individual giving staff and SCA leadership
- Support individual donor stewardship through the following:
- Maintain current inventory of donor relations printed materials;
- Procure and fulfill donor premiums
- Coordinate the outsourcing of major gift renewals, stewardship mailings, and other ad hoc mailings
- Work with Advancement team and other staff on special events including invitation lists, event mailings, tracking RSVPs, and creating attendance reports
- Work with Advancement Operations team to ensure donor solicitations and stewardship are in alignment with SCA fundraising processes and practices.
- In collaboration with Advancement Operations and fundraisers, prepare reports on fundraising activity to track progress.
- Coordinate with the Donor Relations team to ensure individual giving information is documented in donor database and respond to donor inquiries.
- Draft donor correspondence and support the development on fundraising proposals and reports.
- Conduct general administrative work to support the individual giving team and advancement leadership.
- Ensure quality control (i.e. proofing and branding) for all major gift materials.
- A bachelors degree and previous fundraising experience
- Demonstrated ability to organize, prioritize, meet deadlines, and adapt to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, on the phone, and in-person
- Must be able to maintain an eye on detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with multiple deadlines
- Experience in customer/client/donor service
- Strong computer skills using MS Office and experience working with a constituent relationship management database
- Knowledge and appreciation of SCAs mission strongly preferred