This position is posted on behalf of our partner, MachineGames, in Uppsala, Sweden. The candidate will have a mentor on site and the Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce will assist in finding housing, insurance and other important matters.
Host company homepage: https://www.zenimax.com
Duration of training period: 6 – 8 months
Start Date: Summer 2020
Compensation: 25000 SEK/month (approx. $2600/month)
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
About the host company
MachineGames is a studio comprised of a seasoned group of developers recognized for their work creating story-driven games. Their first title, the critically-acclaimed action-adventure shooter, Wolfenstein: The New Order, is a reimagining of the franchise widely credited for helping establish the first-person shooter genre.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for developing the systems and behaviors required by the various gameplay mechanics.
• Collaborate on the implementation of new gameplay features: player and characters’ behaviors, combat and powers mechanics, user interface, etc..
• Work closely with designers, artists, and other programmers to iterate on gameplay features and ensure a great player experience.
• Develop and own full aspect of the game experience.
• Collaborate with other members of the programmers’ team to build sustainable and maintainable technologies and optimized code on all platforms
• Strong knowledge of C/C++
• Solid architecture and design ability
• Ability to fearlessly jump into large, existing code bases
• Strong communication and organizational skills
• Ability to contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development