This position is posted on behalf of our partner, Skira, in Stockholm, Sweden. The candidate will have a mentor on site and the Swedish-American Chambers of Commerce will assist in finding housing, insurance and other important matters.
About the host company
We go to work every day aiming for an optimal and sustainable trade of food.
Skira started as a project with the goal to bring more transparency to the food chain. It was
obvious that agricultural actors lacked both tools and information crucial to making the right
business decisions. Along the journey building a basic information platform, Skira realized the
enormous potential using modern information technology within the food industry.
As of 2019, we’ve successfully deployed Sweden’s first independent digital grain trading
platform, and only four months after beta launch we’ve already made grain transactions worth
millions of SEK, using a method that no one said would be possible. By giving all our
customers payment security and grain quality assurance, we’ve also managed to maintain
100% customer satisfaction. During 2019 we will continue to drive innovation in the green
industry by growing our trading platform, as well as starting one of the biggest AI/ML-projects
the Swedish agricultural business has ever seen.
And we’ve only just begun.
About engineering at Skira
Skira aims to develop and maintain pioneering systems that make it possible to easily put the
farmer in focus; close collaboration with customers and an environment where “fail
fast”-thinking is promoted.
Our platform is built with K8s and Docker. We use modern cloud providers to bring full-scale
CI/CD and to add intelligent high-level APIs (e.g. for data mining and ML). Our languages are
mining/ML), but we truly believe that the language of choice depends on the developer and the
situation. We strive to have a culture where problems are attacked by starting with the
question “how do we bring value, given the current situation?”.
Our hypothesis is that a cloud-based microservices architecture will make our systems
scalable and powerful in a way that makes it possible to pick whatever technology and/or
language that serves the purpose of bringing better food to more people.
● Do you want to use state-of-the-art technologies to bring better food to more people,
while improving environmental and social sustainability?
● Do you enjoy digging into the details of a complex system, evaluate and discuss
architectures, while improving the everyday-life quality for farmers?
● Do you love to code?
● Do you want to be part of a growing company with highly value-driven people?
● Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software in both backend and
frontend, given necessary resources and with a high level of creative freedom.
● Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
● Contribute and improve our CI/CD-pipeline.
● Drive adoption of best practices in code health, testing, and maintainability.
Stuff you will do
● Get experience building systems with a micro-services oriented system architecture,
preferably using tools like K8s, Docker or similar.
● Get experience with modern practices and technologies such as GraphQL and React.
● Implement CI/CD automation and optimization of information retrieval.
● Get experience in frontend development, and achieving knowledge in advanced
The person we look for is preferably:
● Pursuing some kind of degree within Computer Science or similar.
● Striving to always stay humble and curious.
● A person who enjoys a fast-paced environment with a lot of freedom and