The Bar Back is responsible for assisting bartenders during the course of business while maintaining a clean and organized work environment. The bar back’s primary objective is to stock the bar with prepped ingredients, keep bar area clean, and assist guests if needed. In addition, all Barbacks must be able to service guests in a courteous, timely, and professional manner while ensuring his/her outlet is clean, organized, and properly stocked at all times. All duties are to be performed in accordance with departmental and property policies, practices, and procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
• Must possess a positive attitude and work well with other team members.
• Must be able to work unsupervised.
• Be able to work in a standing position for long periods of time.
• Be able to safely lift and easily maneuver trays of food frequently weighing up to 50 pounds
• Be willing to follow direction and ask questions for clarification if needed.
• Be able to work in a fast-paced restaurant environment
• Basic understanding of kitchen work and food preparation
• Understanding of health department regulations and sanitation guidelines.
• Ability to take initiative and exhibit flexibility.
• Ability to assist Bartenders on the execution of service and follow the Bartender’s direction.
• Effectively communicate with management, bartenders and service staff in order to fulfill and address any issues or needs requested by guests and or other employees.
• Excellent customer service skills.
• Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
• Professional appearance and demeanor.
• Able to effectively communicate in English, in both written and oral forms.