Design Studio Specialist
Short Hills, NJ
Founded in 1956, Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is the premier specialty retailer of high-quality products
for the kitchen and home in the United States. Our family of brands are Williams-Sonoma,
Pottery Barn, Pottery Barn Kids, PBteen, West Elm, Williams-Sonoma Home, Rejuvenation, and
Mark and Graham. These brands are among the best known and most respected in the industry.
We offer beautifully-designed, stylish and functional products for every area of the home,
including the kitchen, living room, bedroom, home office, closet, laundry room and even outdoor
spaces. We’ve seen some big changes since our first brick-and-mortar store opened more than half
of a century ago. What hasn’t changed is our passion for high-quality products, functional design,
outstanding customer service, and enhancing the lives of our customers and the communities
where we operate. Today, we’re a multi-brand, multi-channel, global enterprise supported by stateof-the-art technology and some of the most talented teams in retailing – and we’re always looking
for new energy and ideas.
Provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service. Meet
or exceed personal sales goals, utilizing effective selling techniques and design expertise during instore and in-home consultations.
* Utilize design expertise to assist clients in one on one consultations in the store and in-home
regarding the design of their living spaces to drive store sales.
* Perform productive in home consultations including the ability to accurately measure and assess
the client’s living space.
* Engage the clients in a professional and personable way that demonstrates your personal passion
for the product.
* Maintain a professional appearance that represents the Pottery Barn brand.
* Create and present design plans based on client’s needs, style, preferences and living space.
* Follow through on product arrivals and set up with each client to ensure a seamless experience.
* Demonstrate excellent clienteling skills including following up with clients regarding promotions,
new product arrivals etc.
* Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions in order to achieve and exceed established
sales and productivity goals.
* Utilizing exemplary World class service standards assist customers with special services including:
gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog/internet orders, special orders, back orders,
charge sends, courier deliveries, and furniture orders.
* Demonstrate superior product knowledge, including features and benefits of the entire design
* Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e., sales, returns, and exchanges.
* Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
Global Business Acumen – Understand the complexity of business on a global scale. Embrace
cultural and individual differences with empathy. Work with the nuances of specific local cultures
to make informed decisions.
Strategic and Analytical Capability — Ability to think globally, strategically, and objectively.
Effectively translates data into actionable insights, strategies and financial plans.
Leading Teams — Attracts, develops and motives the talent needed for current and future business
requirements. Articulates an inspiring vision for the future, establishes high performance
expectations and sets example through own behavior. Ensures alignment of individual goals with
overall business objectives. Coaches team members to success and holds individuals accountable
for achieving results.
Drive for Results — Credibility earned through delivering results. Balances urgent and effective
action, commitment to excellence, taking initiative to resolve problems and work quality.
Demonstrates high initiative and provides leadership in a project-oriented environment.
Effective Communication — Communicates clearly and effectively with associates at all levels,
board members, external partners and customers. Strong verbal and written presentation skills
including the ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way and to tailor key messages and
presentation style to multiple audiences.
Influence and Collaboration — Builds and sustains collaborative relationships at multiple levels in
the company. Able to work through complex disagreements and conflict to achieve resolution.
Builds trust by including others and by keeping the cross-functional teams focused on the success
of the entire company.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
* 1-2 years retail sales experience, (specialty retail preferred, but not required.)
* 1-2 years customer service experience.
* Strong communication skills.
* Strong clienteling and customer follow-up skills.
* Ability to complete and coordinate complex large orders within a variety of sales channels.
* Ability to think proactively to anticipate client’s needs.
* Experience in working with the six elements of design preferred.
* Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, or other
applicable state or local laws and ordinances.