The DC Associate oversees stockroom operations in large volume locations by receiving, handling, and helping to manage inventory of merchandise and supplies in a timely and organized manner by performing the following main duties:
- Process daily inventory picks and shipments.
- Process direct to consumer (DTC) order fulfillment daily.
- Responsible for the accuracy of tracking and verifying documentation of shipment and vendor PO’s.
- Sends and tracks any special orders made through the store location.
- Leads the coordination of the physical inventory count, and assists in the reconciliation variance report after inventory has been processed.
- Provide documentation of missing or wrongly quantified merchandise.
- Manages transfers, damaged merchandise, liquidation pulls, and RTV’s.
- Responsible for reporting any suspicious activities to loss prevention.
- Assists in web fulfillment orders as needed.
- Responsible for keeping a safe, organized, and clean stock room.
- Assists with Store floor sales responsibilities as needed.
- Remain in compliance with all safety precautions.
- Additional projects and duties as required.
Required Education and/or Experience
0 – 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Computer and/or Technical Skills
Should have basic to intermediate knowledge and abilities with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Must be an effective communicator with internal and external individuals at all levels. This includes spoken, written, electronic, and presentation skills. Communication should be consistently constructive and professional.
Decision Making and Problem Solving Skills
Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to analyze results at a micro and macro level and present findings. Makes routine decisions following established policies and procedures; collaborates with manager to gain assistance when complex issues arise.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions. Individual must be 16 years of age or older, except where such requirements are prohibited by law, including but not limited to the following states/territories: Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Vermont, District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Requires standing approximately 5 – 8 hours per day usually 3 – 5 days per week, including nights and weekends.
- During peak sale periods (e.g. Holiday, Back-to-School), will work for long periods throughout a 1 – 12 hour day.
- Requires stooping and kneeling to place merchandise on customer’s feet as well as reaching and pulling to obtain or stock merchandise on storage racks.
- May be required to climb ladder or ascend/descend stairs in order to stock and/or acquire merchandise for sale.
- Required to lift items weighing 5 – 25 lbs regularly. In certain circumstances, weights may be higher.
- Must speak English clearly in order to converse with customers and effectively supervise staff.
- Must be able to read and write English and perform business-related mathematics in order to carry out normal business and understand corporate sales reports.
- Must have good vision, including color differentiation.
- Punctuality and regular attendance consistent with the company’s policies are required for the position.
- The work environment for this position is a moderately noisy retail setting.