Sales Associate – Williams Sonoma, Fair Oaks Mall
Fairfax, VA, USA Part Time
About the Role
As a Sales Associate you provide customers with a unique shopping experience by offering excellent customer service. Utilize effective selling techniques and provide in-depth product knowledge in a fast-paced, specialty retail environment.
You’re excited about this opportunity because you will…
- Provide sincere, friendly and energetic customer service by exemplifying World-Class service standards
- Achieve established sales and goals Maintain knowledge of current sales and promotions
- Assist customers with special services including: gift wrap, gift registry, locating merchandise, catalog orders, and furniture orders
- Utilize effective selling techniques to build multiple sales and increase productivity
- Demonstrate comprehensive product knowledge, including features and benefits
- Efficiently and accurately perform register transactions i.e. sales, returns, and exchanges
- Assist in implementation and maintenance of visual merchandise presentation, signage and lighting
- Uphold store maintenance and cleanliness standards straighten, clean and help maintain stockroom as needed
- Process, ticket, and restock merchandise as needed
- Perform other duties as assigned by management
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures
Why you will love working at Williams-Sonoma, Inc.
- We’re a successful, fast-growing company with an entrepreneurial vibe
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive health benefits
- We’re passionate about our internal and external clients and live/breathe the client experience
- A smart, experienced leadership team that wants to do it right and is open to new ideas
- We have fun!
We’re excited about you because…
- Love to sell, can articulate a proven ability to exceed selling goals & most importantly can close a sale
- Succeed in a team environment, while able to work independently & manage your own time
- Know what questions to ask your customers in order to understand their personal cooking style & needs
- Enjoy discovering the customer’s style, lifestyle & story to connect them to the right products
- Most successful when provided with clearly defined daily sales goals & metrics
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- 1-2 years customer service experience and retail sales experience (specialty retail preferred, but not required)
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Part-Time Casual associates must be available to work a minimum of two regularly scheduled shifts on the weekend (Friday, Saturday and/or Sunday) and one during the week (Monday to Thursday). Associates must be available for annual inventory and entire holiday season (November and December)
* Example: Weekend availability cannot fall on the same day; an associate must be available on two separate days (Friday and Saturday, Friday and Sunday or Saturday and Sunday)
- Ability to be mobile on the sales floor for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate POS system.
- Ability to lift and mobilize medium to large items, up to 75 pounds, while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques.
Once you are here, you can look forward to a wide variety of benefits designed to help you grow, personally and professionally, to keep you healthy, to prepare you for the unexpected, to care for your family and to build a secure future. Depending on your position and your location, here’s a look at what you might be eligible for:
- A generous discount on all Williams Sonoma Inc. brands through multiple shopping channels
- A wellness program that supports your physical, financial and emotional health
- In-person and online learning opportunities through WSI University
- Cross-brand and cross-function career opportunities
- Company-sponsored community involvement
- Various discounts on local businesses
WSI will not now or in the future commence an immigration case or “sponsor” an individual for this position (for example, H-1B or other employment-based immigration.
This role is not eligible for relocation assistance.
Williams-Sonoma, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.