Team Lead Job Description
Main Purpose: The Team Lead is a sales associate with the added responsibility of holding a key to the
store. The Team Lead demonstrates all of the same qualities and abilities as the Sales Associate, quickly
building rapport with the customer and confidently showing them the products that fit their lifestyle. The
Team Lead is responsible for assisting the Store Manager in the store’s daily operation and achievement of
sales targets. In addition, they assist the store manager in supervising, coaching and training employees.
Their core responsibilities include selling the customer on our product, brand and our mission. The Team
Lead will be responsible for the financial and operational responsibilities of opening and closing the store.
• Responsible for serving as Manager on Duty for the store in all aspects while working and opening and
closing the store in accordance with company standards.
• Consistently delivers positive sales performance.
• Organizes the store merchandise and back stock and ensures proper placement of product
• Oversees the receipt of shipment and maintain a clean work environment
• Assists in training and coaching employees on all policies and procedures.
• Practices impeccable customer service skills.
• Upsells the customer, when appropriate, on multiple pairs and accessories.
• Exemplifies the Clarks Brand.
• Follows all policies and procedures related to loss prevention and shrinkage.
• Creates a visually compelling environment.
• Creates a comfortable work environment for all colleagues.
• Ensures all associates are aware of their current tasks and responsibilities.
• Meets or exceeds personal sales and productivity goals, while supporting the achievement of all store
• Always engage the customer when they walk in the store, establishes the customers’ needs by actively
listening, builds rapport in an enthusiastic and confident way. Provides the product to the customer
• Presents additional product per Company directive (ex. 4 on the Floor, Demo Product) Confidently
offers advice on fashion and styling and technology and fit.
• Model our shoes and brand in their dress and attitude.
• Ensures that all purchases and returns are keyed correctly and accurately.
• Ensures that all money and credit card transactions are accurate and accounted for.
• Follows all policies and procedures related to inventory, cash handling and loss prevention.
• Promptly returns all shoes to the stock room in the correct place, keeps the sales floor tidy and free of
obstructions, cleans displays, dusts, straightens shoes and laces during quiet periods.
• Follows all policies and procedures on health and safety, as well as behaviour policies and guidelines.
• In the absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager, briefs associates on all relevant
communication and tasks.
• Ensures store asset security through, but not limited to, assisting the Store Manager and Assistant
Store Manager with: following nightly bank deposit process, open/close procedures, store balance
compliance counts and procedures, required stock counts and inventory, and return procedures.
• High School graduate or equivalent, preferred
• 6 months to 1 year prior retail experience
Additional Application Instructions
Send me your resume text or call me at 856-631-6059.