The Walk-On Foundation (TWOF) is an organization that engages and advances under-resourced scholars through providing technological resources and skillsets for the purpose of providing a jump start in the exposure to STEM for further education and career interests.
We are looking for a Computer Science Instructor that will collaborate with the Lead Instructor in the classroom elective for students at the 7th & 8th grade level for the 2021-2022 school year. This is a great opportunity for an individual looking to expand their knowledge base of front-end development languages, assist in troubleshooting for students developing their skillsets, and general exposure to making a difference in the classroom. We desire someone who is curious, technically inclined, loves working with children, and most importantly loves learning!
Position available November 2021
The ideal candidate:
- Has a background in engineering, mathematics, STEM education, or related field.
- Strong public speaking & interpersonal skills.
- Has experience working with children.
- Has patience, energy, enthusiasm, and be able to provide a supportive and encouraging environment for children.
- Proficiency with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to react positively to rapidly changing circumstances & be flexible with schedule.
- Have high school Diploma.
- Collaborate with the Lead Instructor with curriculum planning, educational instruction, and interpersonal student development.
- Share responsibility for the quality of the classroom environment and assist in preparation of materials.
- Work cooperatively with all staff and teaching partners.
- Gauge student activity and evaluate performance to identify areas for increased engagement.
- Teach students with dynamic projects, individualized lessons, and a holistic approach.
- A benevolent approach toward parents and children.
- Following the curricula and lesson plans.
- Engaging in educational training sessions.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- English (Required)
- Tuesdays & Wednesdays