Culinary cast members at the Walt Disney World® Resort have the opportunity to provide first-rate dining experiences while working for one of the world’s leading entertainment and hospitality companies. Culinary cast members experience a world of options in our Hotels and Theme Parks, from quick service to Five-Diamond dining.
Chef Assistants receive a starting rate of $20.00/hour.
New Hire Incentive base $1,500 and up to $4,500 pending other criteria
To be eligible for a $1,500 sign-on bonus, cast members must be in the position continuously for at least 90 days after hire and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at time of payment. A cast member is hired after the successful completion of Disney Traditions or one full day of employment. To be eligible for an incentive bonus after 150 days, cast members must remain employed in the position continuously for at least 150 days and be employed by The Walt Disney Company at the time of payment. Payments for the bonus will be made approximately two weeks after the 90 ($375) and 150-day ($1125) milestones, respectively.
An additional benefit in the form of a $3,000 lump sum is available for eligible new hires residing a minimum of 50 miles outside the Walt Disney World Resort area.
All bonus payments are subject to applicable taxes and other legal withholding. Disputes concerning eligibility to a bonus payment shall be resolved by Walt Disney World Recruitment in its sole and absolute discretion. The incentives offered herein are subject to change at any time, with or without notice. Cast Members hired prior to September 12, 2021 or after January 1, 2022 will not be eligible for this incentive award.
The Walt Disney World® Resort culinary team is seeking a Chef Assistant to help lead a team of talented culinary professionals to create unforgettable dishes for our Guests.
Picture yourself being a Chef Assistant and having the opportunity to:
- Assist the Chef with overall culinary direction and development of the team, while promoting teamwork and a fun work environment
- Oversee the daily operation and execution of all menu categories and recipes to ensure the quality and efficiency for every dish
- Continue to grow in your culinary career by working in a variety of kitchens and locations without ever having to leave the company
- Create dishes from around the world with endless ingredients at your fingertips
Recipe for Success
- Minimum 4 years of line cook experience; including grill and sauté or a culinary certificate and 2 years of line cook experience; including grill and sauté.
- Proven experience in all stations of the kitchen and multiple cooking skills
- Knowledge of kitchen equipment, basic tools, small wares, culinary techniques and ingredients specialized to the location
- Demonstrates knowledge of HACCP, basic food temperatures, proper food handling and good judgment of quantity, quality and production
- Showcases passion for the culinary arts, continual learning and guest service
- Able to follow recipes, make recipe conversions, adhere to food allergies and propose menu items
- Basic understanding of kitchen lingo and etiquette
- Receptive to working on-stage and working on the chef’s table, if needed
- Awareness of modern and classical cooking, as well as knife skills and basic butchering techniques
- Exhibits clean work habits and ownership of a safe, clean work area
- Support the chef in their absence and meet with the chef(s) for an overview
- Additional Personal Protective Equipment (face shields, goggles, refillable hand sanitizers, etc.) may be required.
- Cast Members will be required to handle cleaning chemicals and supplies
How to Stand Out
- Possess bilingual communication skills
- Be Serve Safe certified
- Proven prior experience as a lead line cook