Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Strong Company and Safety Culture
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Training and Educational Assistance Opportunities
Weitz Professional Services is seeking two (2) Design Engineer Interns to be located in our Minneapolis, MN office for the summer of 2021..
Internships provide students with hands-on work experience on a project site or in a local office to assist with daily operations, while working alongside our team of talented professionals, many with decades of experience. Engineering Interns will assist Designers, Engineering Project Managers and project teams, for an overall understanding of the value the engineering team adds throughout a project. Engineering Interns should expect to advance their knowledge of the following, throughout their internship:
- Operation of Revit, AutoCAD, Procore, and other software
- Development of professional relationships (i.e. coworkers, owners, architects, consultants)
- Cadence of team, SMSR, and other project-related meetings
- Impact of quality control and safety in the field
- Understanding of change management, scheduling, submittals and RFIs
- Collaboration of project teams and procurement (i.e. budget, material scheduling, contract terms)
- Impact of business development
- Estimating (i.e. quantity take-offs, bids, self-perform)
It is important to us to ensure our students are successful, and we work hard to ensure the experience is a rewarding one. Often times, internships lead to full-time job offers upon graduation. We hope you will make The Weitz Company part of your future career plans!
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: Candidate must be currently obtaining a two-year or four-year degree in Engineering or equivalent. At least one year of education completed is preferred.
- Experience: Candidate must have a basic understanding of design engineering and construction.
- Skills: Communication, independent judgment, initiative, time management, organization, attention to detail and problem solving are all necessary skills for a Design Engineer Intern.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee should have the ability to learn other specific software (Asta, Procore, Bluebeam, etc.).
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.