Our global construction group is comprised of Orascom Construction subsidiaries, The Weitz Company, Contrack Watts Inc., and Watts Constructors. Collectively, we specialize in Commercial, Federal, and Industrial construction projects with a best-in-class Supply Chain segment. We have forged our reputation by constantly seeking new construction innovations and technology that provide our clients and employees with predictable, reliable, and collaborative services. Our commitment to delivering a top quality product has resulted in long-standing customer relationships and recognition by industry rankings as one of the top contractors in the United States.
We view employees as our most valuable asset, and the key to our success. That’s why we provide team members a career (not just a job), supported by training and development opportunities, and a positive, collaborative work environment. We offer the resources of a large company, while preserving our small company feel. Employees are encouraged to work hard, have fun and build strong relationships along the way! Community involvement, diversity and inclusion, and employee empowerment are central to our Company’s culture.
What We Offer:
- Competitive Pay and Benefits
- Strong Company and Safety Culture
- Rewarding Bonus Program
- Generous Paid Time Off Provisions
- 401K Retirement Savings Plan With Company Match
- Training and Educational Assistance Opportunities
Our Companies are seeking Field and Project Engineer Interns (also open to students interested in a co-op) to be located on various company project sites across the United States.
- Arizona (Weitz)
- Iowa (Weitz)
- Colorado (Weitz)
- Florida (Weitz)
- Guam (CWI)
- Nebraska (Weitz)
- Traveling Intern (location dependent upon project location) (Weitz)
Internships provide students with hands-on work experience on a project site or in a local office to assist with daily operations, while working alongside our team of talented professionals, many with decades of experience. Interns will assist the onsite Project Superintendent or Project Manager in project planning, buyout, project management, and close-out for one or more assigned projects. They will also assist in ensuring the schedule and budget are on track throughout the duration of their internship.
It is important to us to ensure our students are successful, and we work hard to ensure the experience is a rewarding one. Often times, internships lead to full-time job offers upon graduation.
What We’re Looking For:
- Education: Candidate must be currently obtaining a four-year degree in Engineering or equivalent. At least two years of education completed is preferred.
- Experience: Candidate must have a basic understanding of construction.
- Skills: Communication, independent judgment, initiative, time management, organization, attention to detail and problem solving are all necessary skills for this position.
- Technology: Proficiency in basic computer software programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook. Employee should have the ability to learn other specific software (Asta, Procore, Bluebeam, etc.).
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position at this time.
The Company does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of the Company without a prior written search agreement will be considered unsolicited and the property of The Company. Please, no phone calls or emails.
The Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment (minorities, females, and veterans, individuals with disabilities, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected categories in accordance with state and federal laws). The Company is a drug and alcohol free workplace and background checks are required if applicable.