Healio Strategic Solutions, a full-service provider of medical communications solutions and services tailored to meet the informational and educational needs of physicians, nurses, and allied healthcare professionals worldwide, is actively searching for a Senior Director, Business Development and Market Strategy to help grow the work we do in support of life sciences and medical device clients including a wide variety of promotional and disease state awareness programs from live events to online and offline activities.
- Selling of strategic solutions to pharmaceutical and medical device companies with specific emphasis on promotional and disease state awareness activities delivered through all media formats
- Prospecting for new business through competitive analysis, phone, e-mail and in-person meetings
- Maintaining and growing existing business through extensive market research, practiced sales skills, and timely and effective follow up
- Developing strategies, solutions and concepts for disease state awareness, pre-launch, and launch programs
- Traveling to conventions as needed to meet with existing and prospective clients
- Working closely with clients on developing strategic planning, message development, and program execution
- Existing experience and understanding of key disease states and therapeutic areas. Preferred experience within Women’s Health, Infectious Disease, Pulmonology, Allergy, Pediatrics, Psychology but not required
- Excellent time management, multitasking and ability to deliver on time and on point
- Experience and demonstrated success working with internal staff and teams (program management, account management, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the field of medical communications and promotional medical education
- Experience with a diverse number of therapeutic areas
- Clear understanding of the medical communications industry and current knowledge of industry issues and trends
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to travel
Remote applicants encouraged to apply.