When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You will grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have crafted an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, efficiency, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and will gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field. This position has many opportunities to offer!
Customers throughout the globe rely on our extensive range of products and services—from next-generation instruments to everyday lab essentials to life-saving medicine. If you desire to be a part of an extraordinary team, Thermo Fisher Scientific can provide you with the opportunity to work in R&D to produce products that enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Thermo Fisher’s Research and Development work is carried out by dedicated professionals who want to make a difference.
Summary of Internship
Internship positions provide an opportunity for science students to get hands on experience in a research & development pharmaceutical laboratory environment and to learn various analytical instruments and techniques.
Location/Division Specific Information
The Bend, Oregon site consists of approximately 125 highly motivated employees focused on contract early phase clinical drug product formulation development and manufacture. Bend, Oregon is a beautiful community of around 95,000 people commonly known as ‘the outdoor playground of the West’.
What will you do?
- Learn techniques such as, HPLC, GC, dissolution, XRPD, DSC, SEM, etc.
- Work in a fast-paced environment alongside scientists performing testing and interpreting results for amorphous dispersions and oral solid dosage forms.
- Record and report results of analyses in accordance with lab procedures and systems.
- Communicate results of work through email and presentations to the internal team.
- Exhibit creativity in designing and executing a focus project with the guidance and support of mentors and management.
- Work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials and maintain a safe and clean laboratory workspace.
- Aligns with all company safety, training, and quality regulations (e.g., GLP/GMP requirements, etc.) and procedures.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to an accredited Bachelor’s degree in a related science or life science field. Preferred majors: Chemistry, Biology, Physical Sciences or other related major.
- Good knowledge of basic instrumental technologies and general analytical chemistry laboratory tasks (accurate weighing, sample/solution preparation, notebook documentation etc.).
- Desire to develop a career in a laboratory setting.
- Attention to detail and ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Initiative, organizational and digital literacy to ensure effective laboratory operations.
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret technical procedures apply mathematical operations to such tasks as determination of test reliability, analysis of variance, and correlation techniques.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today!