When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
- You will be working in a manufacturing and R&D environment in the Thermo Fisher Scientific Instrument group (AIG) for the San Jose and Sunnyvale site EHS/Facilities Department. You will be reporting to the sites Senior Manager of facilities and EHS who will mentor you and help facilitate your success.
- Development of site Hazardous Chemical Inventory Management process including facilitating chemical inventory upload, database management and launch, work with procurement in establishing a chemical purchase review process simultaneously working with lab personnel to establish a tracking process. Train applicable employees on new process, procedures and database.
- Identify positions requiring Job Hazard Analysis, developing a JHA implementation program schedule
- Pursing a bachelor’s degree in: Environmental or chemical engineering, chemistry, environmental toxicology, industrial hygiene or Occupational safety.
- Computer proficiency in excel and ability to learn new programs
- Ability to work with employees across multiple disciplines, and backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.