Global Engineering Co-Op, Viral Vector Services (VVS)
Location: Cambridge, MA
Shift: Monday-Friday, Full Time
- This is a 5-6 month, Full-Time Co-Op opportunity
- Spring Co-Ops will start in January 2022 and end in June 2022; Fall Co-Ops will start in July 2022 and end in December 2022.
- All Co-Op roles are intended to be on-site; this is not a remote position.
- Your school should have a defined co-op program to participate.
- Some relocation assistance may be provided, as needed.
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information
Viral Vector Services (VVS), part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, is a dynamic gene therapy contract development and manufacturing organization that is looking for leaders to bring the highest quality processes, products and testing to our clients. The VVS Global Engineering team is a cross functional engineering group supporting over $150 Million in capital investments across locations in Massachusetts and Florida. Based out of Cambridge, MA, the Global Engineering group works to establish engineering standards/systems for the company and introduce new manufacturing technology in addition to capital project execution.
How will you make an impact?
The Engineering Co-op will support 1 to 5 projects within the VVS Global engineering group. You will work with the Global Engineering and Sites groups to gather information in support of executing the assigned projects. You will also be asked to assist engineering personnel in performing standard daily tasks.
What will you do?
- Design, commissioning, startup, and troubleshooting of the new equipment and systems; drawing generation/verification, system walkdowns, etc.
- Generation of equipment data sheets, user requirements, and data assessments
- Execution of studies and generation/management of data and technical reports associated with facilities, utilities, and equipment
- Investigation and evaluation of new technologies and innovation
- Administration of engineering documentation such as equipment/engineering turnover packages
- Administration of technical drawings associated with single-use process equipment, and automation and facilities systems.
How will you get here?
- Enrolled in a university studying an engineering discipline such as Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or other technical discipline such Computer Science, Mathematics, or Biology/Chemistry
- 2-5 years’ of completed university coursework
- Work experience or community service demonstrating ability to work within professional environment
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Ability to function in a dynamic environment and balance multiple priorities simultaneously
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to write, read/review written documentation for extended periods of time. Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and stand for extended periods. The employee is occasionally required to be active.
- Knowledge of biology, physics, and basic computer skills.
- Needs Ability to aseptically gown and/or sterile gown as needed
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.