When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals. Our staff members are committed to making a difference in our organization, for our client partners and the patients we serve. We seek individuals with proven competencies and strong character to help lead our organization now and into the future.
How will you make an impact?
The Thermo Fisher Scientific Graduate Leadership Development Program Human Resources Track (GLDP-HR) provides a fantastic opportunity for high potential advanced degree soon to be graduates to develop the skills vital for a career in HR at Thermo Fisher Scientific.
Our HR Summer Associate program is a 10-12 week program crafted for full-time graduate students acquiring a degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or MBA with a HR concentration. Summer Associates are matched to one project to work on over the summer based on their skill set, combined with business needs. All projects are developed by our Senior Leadership Team and have significant strategic and/or operating importance to the business unit to which they are assigned.
What will you do?
Our HRSummer Associate projects are developed by Senior HR Leadership Team and provides participants exposure to daily operations of a Fortune 100 company. You will get additional opportunities to experience our corporate culture with exposure to current GLDP associates, GLDP graduates, as well as other senior HR leaders in the organization. To ensure projects are meaningful and meet the needs of our dynamic business, final project assignments will not be resolved until late spring. Summer Associates will be asked to present an end of assignment presentation to their team of colleagues as well as our Senior HRLT at the end of their experience and interviewed for a full-time role in the GLDP upon graduation.
Summer projects may include HR exposure in the following areas:
- Field HR Generalist client groups
- HR platform projects centered around Talent, Total Rewards, Culture & Counsel, Efficiency & Operations, etc.
- Corporate Functional Projects
- HR processes and systems
- Employee Relations
Location/Division Specific Information
As a global organization, we have many sites located across the country. Our GLDP Interns may be based in a variety of different cities, including but not limited to the Boston Metro area; Carlsbad, CA; Pittsburgh, PA; or Greenville, NC. Geographical flexibility is required during the program and upon completion of the program.
How will you get here?
- All candidates must be currently pursuing a master’s degree in Human Resources, Labor Relations, or MBA with a HR concentration
- Previous internships or minimum 1-2 years of work experience in HR
- Desire for a career in Human Resources and being a Human Resources Business Partner
- Results-oriented and strong desire to get involved with day-to-day HR operations of the company
- Ability to effectively interact with employees and leaders at all levels of the organization
- Proven attention to detail and work towards results
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills and strong professional presence
- Authorization to work in the US without restriction
- Willingness to relocate