Do you want to be part of our journey into the future? Are you passionate about making a difference within the Life Science segment? If so, you might be the person we are looking for!
This role is a great opportunity for a recent BS/MS/PhD graduate within the Life Sciences and possessing sales experience (or an aptitude for sales) who is ready to kick start her/his career.
We offer a unique opportunity to work with some of the most exciting products within clinical diagnostics and scientific instrumentation. Our organization is constantly evolving, and we guarantee an interesting and challenging position within a dynamic environment. This position is designed to promote the development of the successful candidate, with a training plan to give insight into our broad product portfolio and enhance selling skills. Top performers will be reviewed throughout the program to assess their suitability to join the organization in an established sales territory should such a position arise.
The primary functional objective of the position is direct contact with customers, to foster and maintain relationships, which will ultimately generate sales. The successful candidate will be responsible for covering vacant positions within our sales organization, supporting our customers through this time and providing the best possible sales representation for Thermo Fisher Scientific. As a Representative for our Sales Development Program, Inside Sales, Healthcare Market Division (HMD), you will be using the telephone, email and Microsoft Teams as your primary communication tools. You will also have the opportunity to be trained by, work alongside and support our HMD Inside Sales Representative and Account Managers.
- Identify sales opportunities with new and existing customers and successfully manage the sales of Company products and services to achieve or exceed the assigned territory sales plan
- Coordinate sales processes for assigned accounts for an assigned geography in accordance with approved sales and marketing plans
- Participate in sales, product and systems training, marketing campaigns, special projects as presented by the Company to develop appropriate selling skills consistent with Company philosophy, policies, and procedures
- Maintain and increase current customer database through Company customer relation’s management software (Salesforce CRM)
- Regularly provide written and verbal communication of successes, failures, best practices, to improve the overall operating efficiency of the team, region and sales organization
- Communicate with research scientists at all accounts for product information and sales presentations
- Coordinate quotations within Company Guidelines by extending competitive pricing as needed to maintain and increase revenues with guidance from Management and/or Marketing
- Support marketing programs and programs in other territories as assigned by the Sales Manager. Manage and close sales leads generated by colleagues in Marketing and Technical Support.