When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. You’ll have the opportunity to grow and learn in a culture that empowers your development. We have created an inclusive, global environment that values the power of diverse talent, backgrounds, and experiences to drive speed, productivity, innovation, and growth.
Our internship program will give you a chance to get real world business experience and build your network before graduation. We are seeking an energetic, responsible intern to join our growing organization. In this position, you will be expected to learn the ins-and-outs of our daily routines and procedures. You will focus on learning how our organization runs, and can be expected to gain valuable insight that can further your interest in your chosen career field.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science. With revenues of $20 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our 70,000 employees the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world. The customers we serve fall within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies. Our products and services help accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, and solve challenges ranging from complex research to routine testing to field applications.
Summary of Internship
The Electrical Engineering Internship position provides an opportunity for engineering students who are currently pursuing an electrical engineering, or like engineering degree to get hands on experience working with engineers in a fast-paced electronic and hardware design environment. The electrical engineering intern will work with a multi-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists designing precision analog and low frequency (1 – 10 MHz) RF systems for medical devices and scientific instruments. Opportunity exists for this position to continue through the academic year on a part-time basis to allow for class schedules.
- Provide engineering support related to electronic development projects including testing and design.
- Support a variety of electrical engineering activities and may be assigned to a variety of engineering tasks throughout the department.
- Be involved with many aspects of hardware quality assurance and some hardware design and analysis tasks.
- Provide feedback on specifications and designs.
- Learn about electrical engineering and instrumentation through daily activities.
- Accept candid feedback and look for areas of improvements.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a cross-functional team.
- Willingness to learn, be mentored, and improve.
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing scientific instrumentation products.
- Familiarity with PSpice or equivalent circuit design software.
- Student currently enrolled in classes leading to a B.S.in an electrical or related engineering discipline.
- Completed coursework in electrical circuit design or physics with understanding of operational amplifiers, transistors.