When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do meaningful work, that makes a positive impact on a global scale. Join 80,000 colleagues who bring our Mission to life each day to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. You’ll find the resources here to achieve your career goals and help take science a step beyond by developing solutions for some of the world’s toughest challenges, like protecting the environment, making sure our food is safe or helping find cures for cancer.
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. With annual revenues of $18 billion, we have more than 50,000 employees and serve over 350,000 customers within pharmaceutical and biotech companies, hospitals and clinical diagnostic labs, universities, research institutions and government agencies, as well as environmental and industrial process control settings. Serving customers through two premier brands, Thermo Scientific and Fisher Scientific, we help solve analytical challenges from routine testing to complex research and discovery. Thermo Scientific offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments as well as laboratory equipment, software, services, consumables and reagents to enable integrated laboratory workflow solutions. Fisher Scientific provides a complete portfolio of laboratory equipment, chemicals, supplies and services used in healthcare, scientific research, safety and education. Together, we offer the most convenient purchasing options to customers and continuously advance our technologies to accelerate the pace of scientific discovery, enhance value for customers and fuel growth for shareholders and employees alike. Visit www.thermofisher.com.
Job Title: Material Planner
Reports To: Sr. Material Planning Manager
Location: Fair Lawn, MJ
Day/Shift: Mon – Fri /
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The material planner’s responsibilities include resolving material specifications, crafting and maintaining inventory schedules, coordinating with internal departments, and managing external relations.
A successful Material Planner should be able to ensure the appropriate supply of cost-efficient and high-quality materials required to maintain steady production and product delivery.
• Determining the required materials and generating purchase orders.
• Ensuring materials meet specifications, quality standards, and are cost-efficient.
• Ensuring the consistent and adequate supply of materials necessary for production.
• Coordinating with other departments regarding production goals, timelines, supplier payments, etc.
• Supervising production volume and monitoring customer demand patterns and purchasing trends.
• Scheduling and leading all aspects of the supply and delivery of materials and products.
• Collaborating closely with customers, suppliers, and distributors.
• Handling inventory issues, schedule changes, and cancellations with the support of the Inventory Control Team at each site
• Preparing cost estimates and performance reports.
- Minimum Requirements/Qualifications:
- • High school diploma/GED required.
- • Degree in business, logistics, inventory management, or a related field preferred.
- • 2+ years of experience in material planning, inventory management, purchasing, or a related position.
- • Strong interpersonal and time leadership skills.
- • Knowledge of manufacturing processes and supply chain management.
- • Good interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- • Proficiency in Microsoft Office and material management systems.
- • Strong analytical and problem-solving skills