When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work. And you’ll have the opportunity for continual growth and learning in a culture that empowers your development. With revenues of more than $30 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
The engineering team for Single Use Technologies located in Millersburg, PA is seeking high potential college students to prepare them for mobile careers within the engineering organization. If you love science and engineering and are interested in a manufacturing experience in mechanical engineering, this program is an excellent way to build your career with a global leader in the Life Sciences industry!
What will you do?
- Hands-on mechanical engineering experience in a high-paced manufacturing environment.
- Learn about machine automation, safety systems and troubleshooting.
- Design parts and assemblies, create drawings for fabrication.
- Assemble, install and qualify your design for production use.
- Job shadow with senior mechanical engineers.
- Work with dedicated leaders and mentors.
- Networking and exposure to engineering and business leaders.
- At least two years of college.
- On track to complete a Bachelor’s degree at an accredited academic institution.
- 0-1 years of work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Strong academic record.
- Foundational core science/engineering courses taken.
- Proven record of establishing goals and achieving results.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven learning agility.
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000 extraordinary minds have a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.