Mechanical Engineering Intern
The 2021 Thermo Fisher Scientific Mechanical Engineering Internship Program is a 12-week summer internship program crafted for high potential rising juniors and seniors majoring in engineering. Interns will be matched to a 12-week project based on their skill set combined with Engineering function needs.
The internship provides opportunities for current university students to get hands-on experience partnering with our Engineering teams with a focus on equipment and process development. Interns receive formalized feedback, structured training, and mentoring while participating in various key mechanical Engineering initiatives. This program provides an opening for an early career Engineer to experience different stages of the equipment development-cycle, utilizing various engineering principles and methodologies to help develop solutions and drive revenue with the manufacturing area.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a multi-functional team
- Ability to learn, be mentored, and improve
- Desire to contribute and improve design of new and existing manufacturing equipment
- Outstanding creative thinking
- All candidates must be a rising collegiate junior or senior by summer 2022 and currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in the Mechanical Engineering field
- Preferred GPA of 3.2 or higher on a 4.0 scale
- Strong desire and motivation to develop a career as a future leader in the Engineering function
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Experience with CAD software
- Results oriented through initiative, ownership, and accountability
- To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in the job application process. For example, this may include individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision, mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*. Please include your contact information and specific details about your required accommodation to support you during the job application process.
*This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes, such as not being able to get into the career website, following up on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues will not receive a response.